B.W Ch 15

Ch 15

A pain so brutal that I never wanted to live again. A throbbing so vigorous my head was on fire. My throat so dry, a desert could be formed inside. Waking up in a hospital after being hit is as painful as heartbreak.

~

When I opened my eyes, I could barely see. My vision was as blurry as a picture that had been soaked in water and was found years later. My ribs were wrapped and so were my hands, my head, and my arms. I tried moving my body but I grimaced with the excruciating pain.

"Don't move," I heard a familiar voice say softly. I turned my head to see my mom looking down at me.

"Hi," I said in a raspy voice. She smiled a little and smoothed her hand over my hair. I sighed and closed my eyes once more.

"Lea...what happened?" She asked quietly but sternly. I laid my hand on my eyes, shielding them from the light.

"I'm not talking about this right now," I said softly, "Can you hand me some water please?"

She nodded and handed me a cup that was sitting on the table next to me. I took a big gulp and put it back down.

"Now talk," She said. I looked at her.

"I'm done."

"What do you mean?"

"He's done with me," I told her with forming tears in my eyes. I sniffed a little and wiped them. I could just hear my mom saying, 'I told you so' in her head.

"...What did he say? Did he say why?" She asked. I wanted to spill out everything that has happened, to yell at how stupid I was to fall in love with someone I had just met. But I couldn't tell her. I couldn't tell her about Jade. So, I told a half lie.

"I don't know...he just...left me...and now...," I started sniffling more and couldn't process any incoherent sentences. I tried containing myself as I talked to my mom.

"I loved him...but I guess he didn't feel the same. He said he loved me, and I just...I fell for his persona. I fell for his eyes and the way they draw you in and mesmerize you so you can't think straight. But I am Lea right? Rejection is normal to me. Always the second choice, always the one who gets hurt. A person who you love at one time, and a person who doesn't exist the next. You were right mom. I wasn't thinking straight, and that's why I'm in here," I finished. She stared at me for awhile before saying,"Why?" Wiping my eyes once more time, I said evenly, "I was running in Union Park and I saw him. I saw him with his ex. A girl he told me that disappeared off the world awhile ago. She was there...kissing him...laughing with him. He looked so happy with her. I was walking passed them and she noticed me. We had a short, nasty exchange, and I slapped her. I heard him...I heard call me..." I tried saying. My mom stared at me.

"What did he call you?" She asked softly.

"...he called me a bitch. He said and I quote, 'You will pay for that you bitch!'" I screamed. She crossed her arms and sat on my bed next to me.

"Okay...I'll talk to you about that later, but you still haven't told me on how you were hit by a car," She said. I rolled my eyes.

"I couldn't think and I ran into the streets. I heard someone shout at me but it was too late," I finished. There was a long pause before my mom spoke again.

"Lea. Listen to me very carefully. Like I told all your siblings, I want you all to be happy. But if someone controls your life this much, then..." She didn't finish. I already knew what she was going to say. She was going to say that if I love him, I would let him go. I would be better off with someone who truly cares. She would say that I should date someone I should have known longer, not someone I just met.