B.W. Ch 12

Ch 12

My stomach churned as I eyed the sight before me. Many friends and family were chatting outside the front yard in front of the Felton house hold. It wasn't an overly elaborate set up like I expected it to be but more comforting. It was big, but not too big, more like an average size house. Like what you would see in the suburbs of California, but just a little bit bigger. It was a neutral color and had big lawn extending out on the sides while the drive way was pavement and occupied by many people.

"Hey, are you ready love?" I heard Tom ask. I blinked a couple times before turning to him.

"Yeah...I guess so..." I said nervously. My palms were sweating and I itched to wipe them on the skirt of my dress, but I didn't want to seem rude.

I felt Tom wrap his arm around my waist and spoke softly into my ear.

"You'll be fine. Just be yourself and stick with me, alright? I promise you you'll be okay," He said. I nodded and kissed him again. The chauffeur opened the door for us and I walked out a little clumsily, but Tom held me steady. I straightened my back and relaxed my arms to my sides.

We started walking to his parent's house and luckily, not drawing attention to ourselves while we passed by. We were looking for his parents when a girl, his age, stopped us.

"Tom! Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever!" She exclaimed. I stood there, not from shock, but from realization. It was Emma flipping Watson. I didn't recognize her because of her makeup and her short hair, but it was her.

"Emma! How are you?" Tom asked, hugging her. She smiled brightly as she hugged him.

"I'm doing well thank you! How are you? I haven't seen you since...the Harry Potter premiere?! Has it really been that long?" She said with a sad smile. Tom returned the smile.

"Yes it has. I'm sorry I haven't catched up on anything," He said. She waved it off.

"No no! It's alright. I haven't been doing much. So, we've been ignoring this young lady you came here with," She said. Tom smiled brightly and passion flared in his eyes when he looked at me.

"Emma, this is Lea. Lea, Emma," He said. I smiled and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you Emma," I said. She smiled at me warmly.

"Nice to meet you too Lea! Oh...I have to go, we'll catch up later okay? It was so nice to catch up Tom and to meet you Lea. I'll see you two later. Bye!" She said and walked off in the direction we came from. I turned to look at her walk away and back to the front.

"That went better than I anticipated," Tom said. I pouted and smacked him playfully on the arm. He laughed and took my hand in his. "I'm joking love. Anyway, are you hungry? We haven't found my parents yet and I think they might be over where the food is," He said. I nodded and he guided me through the sea of people in front of us. When we got to a clearing, there at a big long table, there was Mrs. Felton.

I took a deep breath and exhaled.

'You can do this,' I thought repeatedly. His mom seemed to be engrossed in a conversation with some of her friends as Tom tapped her on the shoulder.

"Look who!" He said. She turned around and jumped a little before smiling and hugging Tom.

"Hey! I didn't expect you to come until later! Are you alright? How are you?" She asked. Tom laughed and nodded curtly.

"I'm fine mum. I want to introduce you to someone I met," He said. His mom seemed to freeze for a second before nodding a little. Tom looked towards me and took my hand, pulling forward gently to come stand next to him.