Chapter 19

This is it, the moment I've been working so hard for. A letter came today from the University of California. This letter tells me my future and it makes me really nervous.

"Wes!" I call as I run up the stairs, almost tripping but I manage to get up them without a wipeout.

"What?" He comes out of his bedroom, shirtless and his sweatpants low on his hips. His hair is dripping as he just came out of the shower.

"Look what came in the mail." I wave around my letter as a huge grin comes across Wes' features.

"Come on, open it then!" He pulls me into his side as I tear open the top of the letter. I pull the paper out and start to read.

"Dear Miss Michelle Bains, we would like to inform you that you have been accepted to the University of California for the following programs: Early Childhood Educator and Introduction To Business Studies. We look forward to having you- Wesley! Oh my God!" Wes picks me up and spins me around, cutting me off from reading anymore of the letter. I laugh as I try to get him to put me back down.

"Wes! Put me down! I'm getting dizzy!" I squeal and he finally sets me back onto my feet, only to hug me tight to his body and rock me back and forth.

"You did it! Mic you did it!" He places kisses all over my face and I smile.

"I know, I didn't think I could!"

"I knew you could." Wes kisses my forehead and I grin.

"You did?"

"Of course, you're insanely smart even with the school you missed I knew you'd get in to any college you applied to."

"Wow, thank you Wes." I press a kiss to his cheek and he smiles.

"I'm so proud of you. We have to celebrate, let's go out for dinner. My treat."

"That sounds amazing babe. But I have to tell Keaton and Drew first." I say as I grab his hand and pull him towards the band room. I fling the door open and wave the letter around again.

"What is that?" Keaton asks and I hand it over to him. He reads it, mouthing the words as a huge grin comes across his features. He hands the letter to Drew before pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"I am so proud of you Mic."

"Thanks Keater." I smile, "Can I breathe now?" He lets me go, just in time for Drew to scoop me up.

"Mickey baby is going to be a hot college chick! Way to go, we knew you could do it." Drew spins me around and I laugh loudly and scream at him to put me down. He sets me back down after a while and hugs me tightly.

"They grow up so fast." We all turn to see Laraine in the doorway and I go over to her.

"Did you see? I got in." I smile at her and she nods.

"I heard. I'm proud of you honey." She opens her arms and I hug her tightly.

"Thank you, for everything." I whisper and she squeezes me once before letting me go.

"I would do it again in a heartbeat."

"Really?"

"For you, of course. And I wouldn't even have to think twice about it."

"Thanks Laraine." I hug her again quickly.

"Okay enough sappiness for today, I'm taking Mic out to celebrate. Who's coming along?" Wes says as he grabs my hips and pulls me to his chest. Everyone agrees to join and we go to get ready.

I'm changing out of my sweatpants in my room when I hear the door open and close. I turn around and see Wes standing against the door.

"Can I help you?" I cross my arms over my chest and look at him.