Chapter 2

I walk down the hallway trying to balance my books, water bottle and phone in one hand. Drew messaged me last night to ask if I was okay, I of course lied and said yes. I drop my water for about the tenth time as my phone vibrates, probably with a message from Drew and I watch as it rolls down the hallway and stops under someone's shoe.

"Thanks for stopping that."

"Yeah no problem cutie." I look up and see Keaton looking down at me. I pick up my water and stand back up, I come almost eye to eye with him.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks with a cute little grin and I blush.

"Trying to get to class, but I keep dropping this stupid bottle because I only have one stupid hand." I hold up my arm to show him the baby blue cast half covered with my sweater.

"Here I'll help you!" Keaton grabs my books from me, slides my phone into my pocket and takes my arm to lead me to class.

"Thanks for your help Keaton!" I smile at him and he grins back.

"Yeah well its the least I could do."

"What do you mean?"

"Wes and Drew are always on my case about toughening up and stuff and I really didnt want to tell them I got punched. And I guess having you there and giving them a bit of a distraction made them go easy on me and just laugh it off kinda. So I kinda owe you."

"Oh, I see." He stops in front of my class and hands me my books before hugging me sideways.

"Okay well thanks for your help Keaton."

"No problem, see ya later!" He smiles at me and walks off down the hall. I pull my sweater down over my cast, hide it behind my books before turning the door knob and walking into class. The first thing I notice is that Wesley is missing and as I scan the room looking for him, Drew catches my eye and smiles. I sit in my desk, glad that no one paid me any attention and get out my books.

*wheres wesley???* I send the message to Drew and try to pay attention to the teacher, but my arm is killing me.

*home 'sick' *

*what a baby*

*tell me about it! lol*

"Drew, what is so important that you need to be texting right now?" Mr. Jacks asks, causing Drew to sit up straighter in his chair and I giggle.

"Nothing, just checking on a sick friend."

"Stromberg I'm guessing?"

"Yes sir."

"Tell him not to miss anymore of my class or he'll be back again next year."

"Will do." Mr. Jacks turns around and Drew sticks his tongue out at him, making me laugh loudly and everyone turns to look at me. I fling my hand up to cover my mouth and end up hitting myself in the face with my cast.

"Oops." I put my arm down on the desk and see a little bit of blood drop from my lip to my sweater.

"Michelle to the nurse." I nod and collect my books before walking out of the room.

"Twice in two days, good one Mic. Derek will be so proud." I mutter to myself as I walk.

"Who's Derek?" I jump at the sudden voice and spin around to come face to face with Drew.

"I uhm- nobody. Derek is a nobody." I turn back around and keep walking.

"Wes feels really bad you know."

"He should." I say over my shoulder.

"You know thats he was pulling your leg when he said he didnt know who you are, right?"