Chapter 3

I came home to a really angry Derek and earned myself some new bruises to match the one on my cheek. I've been hiding in my room since I left Derek to eat his dinner alone at the table after my abuse.

*I'll be there in 20 mins, okay? -Wesley*

*see you then!*

I jump from my bed and check out my face in my mirror. I have a bruise on the side of my forehead from being shoved into the counter and of course the hand marks. I grab my concealer, foundation and powder and set to work on hiding the bruises.

I check my face one last time and sigh, I couldn't completely hide them. I hope we stay outside so I can keep my hood on.

*on my way* I text Wesley and grab a beanie in case we go inside or something and throw it into my backpack before climbing out my bedroom window. Derek doesn't let me leave the house after dinner, I gave him a twelve pack of beer to get drunk enough so he wouldn't even know I was gone. Hopefully.

***********

I'm standing at the corner when I feel strong arms wrap around my waist. I jump and am about to turn and punch whoever grabbed me until I hear his voice.

"Hey pretty lady." Wesley says and I smile.

"Hi Wesley." I turn around and wrap my good arm around him.

"Whats with this one arm hug shit?" He laughs and I look up at him quickly. He looks so perfect with his slightly sunburnt cheeks and huge grin on his gorgeous face.

"I didn't want to hurt you with my cast." I say and his smile drops.

"Cast?! I put you in a cast?"

"Its no big deal, I've broken that wrist three other times already, I should be wearing a brace but I can't buy one myself."

"I'm so sorry!" He pulls me into another hug and I smile.

"Its okay! Seriously, I'm fine it doesn't even hurt." Wes picks up my arm and presses his lips to my cast and I blush.

"What are you doing you goof?"

"A kiss to make it feel better."

"I said I'm fine Wes."

"I know."

"So what do you want to do?" I ask and he smiles down at me. He grabs my good hand and breaks into a run, pulling me down the street with him.

"Wesley! Where are we going?"

"My house, you're gonna come watch us jam!" I silently start to fangirl, going to one of there gigs would be the best, but sitting with them while the jam and goof around is the best thing ever. Wes slows down in front of a house and walks us up to the front door.

"Don't worry about my mom, she likes new people." He smiles at me and I nod.

"Wait, whats that?" He reaches out and runs his hand along my forehead. I freeze.

"Nothing."

"Its swollen. Michelle?"

"Its nothing. Can we go inside, please?"

"Michelle, what happened?"

"Nothing happened, you're seeing things can we just go inside, please Wesley?" I beg him, not wanting to mention Derek before I even get the chance to be good friends with Wesley.

"Fine, we're talking about this later though." I nod and he opens the door.

"Dude, took you long enough!" Keaton calls from the top of the stairs and I slowly bend down to take off my shoes, I slide my combat boots off and open my backpack to throw my beanie on. I slide it over my now swollen forehead and follow Wes and Keaton through the house and into a small room filled with guitars, drums, microphones and anything you could ever need to make music.