Chapter 4

*hi hi hi! I'll be at your house in like 10!*

*sure thing, see you in a bit Kate! :) * I put the finishing touches on my make up and head downstairs to wait for Kate to show up.

"Michelle did you make me dinner?"

"Yes Derek, its in the warming drawer of the oven! Be careful because the pot may be hot so use an oven mitt! Also there's an ice cream sundae made with your favourites in the freezer, leave it out for a minute or two before you eat it so it melts a bit. I also got ahold of that beer you like, its on the bottom shelf in the fridge."

"Cool." I sigh, once again not getting a thank you from him. I spend so much time and use so much effort to make my brother happy and he has never once thanked me or done something for me in return.

*here! :) *

"Derek I'm leaving! Have a good night!"

"Yeah you too I guess." He calls back and I smile, it was a somewhat nice comment. I leave the house and lock the doors, hopefully keeping Derek in the house and not able to roam the streets and get himself into trouble. Even though that sounds bad, its better this way. Last time I went out for the night and left him home alone he got drunk and went out a distroyed people's yards and cars and I had to bail his sorry butt out of jail.

"Hey Kate! Wow you look so pretty!" I say as I climb into the car and she smiles at me.

"So do you!" She smiles at me as she pulls out of the driveway and heads towards the club where the boys are playing.

"Do you think he'll like me?" Kate says as we get closer and I laugh.

"Why woulnd't he? You're like perfect!"

"I'm far from perfect actually. But thank you."

"No problem. But Keats would have to be stupid to say no to you! Honestly you're super nice and funny and down to earth and pretty. So I'll have to smack some sense into him if he doesn't agree to go on atleast one date with you."

"Hmm, we'll see. So you and Wesley?" She turns for a second and winks at me.

"No way, what are you talking about?" I ask and Kate giggles.

"Can we talk about today in the hallway?"

"What are you- oh that..."

***flashback to earlier that day***

"Time for class Mic, let's go!" Wesley pushes at my foot with his own and I groan.

"No, no class for me!" I flop down further onto the floor making Wesley and Drew laugh.

"I'm gonna get going, see you two later!" Drew runs off down the hall and I slide even lower so that I'm laying on the floor in front of my locker.

"Get your butt up! We have to go Michelle." Wes laughs at me again and I reach up for his hand.

"Fine, help me up." I sigh as he grabs my hand and pulls me up from the floor. He must have thought I was heavier than I am and I smack right into his chest.

"Ow, you're hard." I rub my cheek as he laughs.

"That didn't come out right..." I mumble and he laughs harder before hugging me tight.

"You're so cute!" Wes smiles down at me and I blush.

"Come on Stromberg, time for class!" I break into a run down the hall and hear Wesley laughing behind me before he catches up to me and grabs me from behind, spinning me slightly before carrying me the rest of the way to class. He sets me down before we get to the door and places a kiss to the top of my head.