dix-sept

the door slammed. "explain." alex whispered, his voice ice cold.

"er-uh– okay! she's nice–"

"you traded me in for a nice woman? im your boyfriend! youre gay!"

"p-please just let me finish." john pleaded, clasping his hands together.

"fine."

"um..." he stumbled for words, panic slowly rising in him. "she- she uh... bribed me."

alex's lip curled up in disdain. "oh did she? really? because what i remember is her apologizing to me saying she demanded you tell me! or was that all just a dream?"

"n-no..."

"so what is it? whats the fucking reason you decided to tear our relationship apart by dragging your gay ass to some other woman, leaving me in the dust?! FOR TWO MONTHS!"

"i'll leave her.. for– for you..."

"oh!" alex forced his expression to turn into a touched, content one. "that makes me feel so nice! i feel so loved now! knowing that my boyfriend will leave the girl he was cheating with... for me!" alex growled, swiping a vase that was gifted to him from john off it's shelf, ignoring the sound of its glass shattering as it hit the floor. "i feel so special!"

john gaped at alex, staring at the broken vase in shock. "i-i gave that to you!"

"oh boo-hoo. i gave you my love. you lose things."

john almost threw up right there and then.

"i was thinking of you the whole time!" he cried out, desperation tattooing itself on his skin.

"still wasnt enough to stop going balls deep, huh?"

john stepped forward to alex, wanting so bad for things to go back the way they were. wanting to latch his lips on his once against, to feel the warmth of his hands and the beating of his loving heart.

"oh." alex stifled a sob, covering his mouth in shock. he slowly lifted uo his head to meet john's puffy eyes, tears running down his cheeks and curving around his jawline. "two months." he looked down again, wondering how good it would feel if he grabbed a shard of glass and threw it at john. "you came back from philadelphia... a month and a half ago."

john's face turned white as a sheet.

"you were dating her... then. you were dating her when you admitted you were in love with me. you were dating her when we stayed up all night talking, and laughing, and drinking. you were dating her when i took you out on a picnic, and i referred to your freckles as stars."

john let out a sob, taking a few more steps towards alex. 

"you were dating her when i said you were my favorite person in the whole universe. you were dating her when..." alex's face hardened. "you yelled at me when eliza kissed me with no consent! and you were cheating on me!"

he turned around and braced his hands against the wall, breathing heavily. "we're done."

"w-what?"

"its over. im done with you."

"n-no..." john wrapped his hands around alex's arms and turned him around. "please... look at me.

"all i see is a liar and a cheater." he snarled, staring down at john as he slid down his chest.

he buried his face in alex's stomach, letting out a string of sobs. "a-alex... i love you too m-much to lose you." he clutched alex's wet jumper in his hands, clenching his teeth together.  "i-i love your... your small hands," he looked up at alex, who was staring straight ahead, tears streaming down his cheeks. "y-youre the most gorgeous person i've ever seen with the most beautiful heart." he hiccuped, lightly kissing alex's hands, which were hangjng at his sides. "youre the most beautiful person i have ever seen because of everything you do." he began trailing his kisses up to his neck, then leaving sloppy kisses on his cheeks. he felt alex relax into it, letting out a sigh of relief. this was home. it was familiar.

john rested his forehead against alex's, looking into the boy's eyes. "please."

anger mixed with sadness crossed alex's expressions again, and he angrily pushed john away. "you cheated on me!"

"i know." 

"get out." 

he shook his head, whimpering. "a-alex.. please."

"get out!" alex bellowed, his fists clenched at his sides and tears running down his cheeks.

john hung his head, then walked out the door, without looking back.