IX

The night had fallen and the darkness has spread. He caressed his revolver. The weight felt good in his hands. This needs to be stopped today. It has been nearly a month.

Nothing good has happened, but horrendous nightmares and a ruined life.

He stood silently, waiting for his prey. He scanned the surrounding. Perfectly calm and still. The footsteps made his heart race. His heart was beating hard against his chest. The blood rushed to his head.

Finally!

It is ending tonight! Something that started at night, will end tonight! He smiled to himself.

Readying himself, he held his revolver in his left hand and waited.

The figure walked towards where he was standing. He hid behind the tree and waited.

'Bugger,' he thought. 'You will be no more than a piece of useless meat in few minutes.'

He slowly moved and grabbed him with one hand and raised the revolver with the other. His prey screamed in fear.

He fired the revolver, it missed his target. He kicked his prey in the shins.

He fired it again, this time hitting in his prey's chest.

"What the fuck?" His prey groaned in pain. Bleeding and tired, he looked helpless.

"You made my life hell, now you are going to hell." He whispered.

He stood and watched the life leaving his prey's body.

'Finally,' he thought, 'everything is over. It ends here.'

However, the guilt was eating him.

'Life isn't fair' he tried to reason.

'You murdered someone,' his mind whispered.

"LIFE DOESN'T END HERE!" He shouted to the eerie silence.

BEEP

He clutched the revolver tightly and scanned the surrounding. It can't be!

No.

He took out his phone. A text message from unknown. His heart thumped against his chest.

'You got the wrong one boy!'

He scanned his surrounding and couldn't find anyone. He shakily took the shovel he had kept behind the tree and dug a hole nearby.

Sweating and panting, he dragged the body and kicked it into the pit. He looked around in the eerie silence feeling as though someone was watching him and turned his head scanning his surroundings. Then he looked at the watch on his wrist. It showed

1:09

He hurriedly covered the pit with mud and stamped it, then covered it with fallen leaves. To the untrained eye, nothing seemed out of place.

Smart.

He looked at his hands, they were covered with dirt. He wiped his brows with his muddy hands. He hid hand in his pockets. He started walking home casually. The street was empty.

Walk casually, he reminded himself. Don't look suspicious. Look ahead. Walk straight home.

Suddenly he was pulled backwards.

A scream escaped his lips.

A/N: GUYS!! HERE WE ARE!!

IT IS GETTING INTENSE!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK JUST HAPPENED?

This chapter is dedicated to my two friends, @Youmna77 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Guys check out her story!

And @thamanna_kabeer or being an enthusiastic reader.

Next chapter tomorrow!

-- Love you!

Impossible Fart 💨