Chapter 16: Don't Be In Love With Someone Else

"Thank you for tonight."

Hininto ni Wesly ang sasakyan sa tapat ng bahay nila Monica. "Ako dapat ang magpasalamat. It was your treat after all. I had so much fun lalo na sa libreng palabas."

"What was funny there? I kind of thought you were bored." She smiled.

"No, I wasn't. I will never get bored especially when you're around."

"Until next time then?"

"I'll be pleased. I'll open the door for you."

"No. Don't bother. It's late. Drive safely." She opened the door and pushed it to close. Nagdadalawang-isip siyang tumalikod at buksan ang gate ngunit nagawa pa rin niya. Maya-maya ay narinig niya ang pagsara ng pinto ng kotse.

She turned back and saw Wesly approaching her. "Why did you step out?"

In a brief moment he's already hugging her. "I just want to hug you again." He uttered on her ear.

"Of course." She just let him embrace her. "You should go." She pushed him slowly to loosen the hug. She immediately turned and opened the gate. She didn't hear any words from him as she headed through their front door.

Parang gusto muna niyang hindi pumasok ngunit nagawa niya ulit. She closed the door and laid her back on it. God why am I feeling this? She wanted to open the door to look at his face again. She realized she's wearing his jacket so she quickly opened it and headed back through the gate. "Wait."

Mula sa loob ng sasakyan ay bumaba ulit si Wesly.

"I forgot to return your jacket." She handed it back to him. Her heart was beating fast. "Good-night." She's looking straight to his eyes. They're telling her something she could not figure out. Then she found herself rushing towards him and kissing him passionately. He dropped the jacket on the ground and held her close to him while savoring the sweetness of her lips. They kissed like they were starving for it.

They were breathing heavily when their lips parted. Still looking at each other's eyes very closely.

"I didn't... mean to..."

"Sshhh. You just did what your heart felt." He whispered on her lips and kissed them again.

"I just wanted to thank you again."

"If kissing is your way of thanking me, I won't really bother. You can do it anytime, anywhere." He continued to put soft kisses on her lips. "When I come near you, I can't help but looking at your lips. I'd like to kiss them whenever I get a chance. I'd like to feel them against mine. Please don't stop kissing me. It's your lips that I would like to kiss forever."

Maya-maya'y unti-unting bumuhos ang ulan.

"Let's get inside. Baka magtatagal pa ito."

He just gazed at her with full of amusement. His lips moved like they're seducing her to kiss him. And before she opened her mouth to say something, his lips already captured hers. She never realized up until then that kissing under the pouring rain was very romantic.

* * * * *

"Nabasa tuloy tayo ng ulan." Iniabot ni Monica kay Wesly ang tuwalyang hawak niya. Nasa kusina silang dalawa sa kasalukuyan. Monica just turned on the coffee maker. Pinapatuyo rin niya ang buhok gamit ang isa pang tuwalya. "Take off your shirt and I'll air dry it for you." Hindi niya matitigan ito ng diretso. She's already conscious by the way he looked at her.