InuYasha Fan Fiction: A new life part 45

The Mother Knows It All

InuYasha, before speaking, turned to Mrs. Higurashi.

"Ma'am, don't you know something about her split personality? And about her being the president of a company? About Kagura and Hiten?" he asked as he started sweating.

He noticed that she haven't responded.

He also saw that shaking clenched fists of hers.

"..so you knew it all along..." InuYasha stated.

"y-yes.."

"what do you guys mean?!" Koga suddenly yelled.

"Dear, give us time before we say it to you." Mrs. Higurashi said to him.

"B-But... fine." he looked down as he felt awkward when he did that thing.

"I was actually a professional doctor before. I was accepted at the age of 20, because I skipped 3rd grade to 7th grade due to my over-intelligent mind. When I was married to my husband at the age of 27, I stopped being a doctor, and just went to be a housewife. When Kagome was born, Hiten was also there. He's 5 years older than her. That's why they became friends. And that's why he also knew everything about her." she explained.

"Well, How did you know all of these things?" he asked.

"My husband's mother, who remained her name anonymous, told me that she was the first wife of my husband's father. I think you already know that. But since my husband hates the company, my husband's father decided to be placed by the other son of his. And also, Kagura will be replaced by him. But when the time comes, Kagura shall sacrifice and give the place to Kagome."

"Mom, what are you talking about..?" Kagome asked as she felt confused.

"Let me explain this to you later." her mother faced InuYasha once again.

"In the middle of her class year, I was there. I was looking at the way she acts. When I saw that she was out of control when she was bullied, I thought it was only a defense mechanism."

"A defense mechanism? What's that?" InuYasha asked.

"A defense mechanism is when a person shows it's true reaction because they can't handle what they feel anymore. It may be because of anger, jealousy, or depression. It only lasts for seconds. But when I noticed that it was on for minutes... I realized that she got a split personality."

"adrenaline.." Miroku whispered.

"Yes, adrenaline.." her mother whispered.

"Why do they call her other side as 'Kagane'?" he asked.

"I don't know. I think they just made it up. Anyways, when my husband's mother knew that she got another side, she told her husband about it. Of course, the answer of her husband is positive."

"What did he say?" InuYasha asked as he felt interested about Kagome once again.

Before Mrs. Higurashi answered, InuYasha suddenly realized something, that actually made the time stop in his mind.

He just realized that he doesn't know his girlfriend that much.

And he doesn't want Kagome to be a criminal.

So he finally decided... to solve this problem.

Because he wanted to have a family with her.

"'She's appropriate for this job.'"

When InuYasha heard those words, he suddenly became angry.

"Appropriate?! Damn them! They're not thinking! Kagome deserves a normal life, not a criminal life!" he suddenly yelled.

"InuYasha.. Calm down.." Kagome walked closer to the standing InuYasha then gave him a hug even though she's so confused of what they're talking.

"Kagome. I won't let that Kagane of yours show up again. I won't let that fucking company treat you as a fucking president. I won't let you live in darkness. I'll make sure that you'll end up having a great time and family with me." He hugged Kagome back.

When he pulled away, he faced Mrs. Higurashi once again.

"what about your husband's suicide? When did it happen?"

"SUICIDE?" Kagome suddenly shouted before facing Mrs. Higurashi.

"I-I thought you t-told me h-he died because o-of coma!" she screamed.

"Let me explain first, dear." Mrs. Higurashi tried to calm Kagome down, and she succeeded.

"He suicided when he knew that Kagome got Kagane. He was so sad about it. It's not actually because he wanted to clear our connection between his family. He hates seeing his daughter's fate before his very eyes."

"What do you mean in clearing your connection?"

"Not literally. What we mean is our connection in blood. That's also the reason why we used my surname, instead of his. He actually died in our old house before. He died when Kagome was 7. Maybe Kagome forgotten it because Kagane showed up that day."

"What? She forgets what happened after Kagane shows up?"

"Yes."

"Mom, who is Kagane?" Kagome suddenly asked.

"Kagome, do you remember when you fought Sesshomaru?" InuYasha spoke, which made her turn to him.

"w-well... yes... I-I can't control myself then.."

"That's Kagane."

"But wait--" her mother spoke, "you remembered that you fought against Sesshomaru?"

"y-yes, I remember it... E-Even those spots where I punched and kicked him.." she said.

"B-But... How...?" her mother suddenly went confused.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about." Koga said.

"Show respect!" Ayame followed as she elbowed Koga's shoulder.

Miroku spoke next.

"Try to re-arrange what Mrs. Higurashi explained."

"Can you?" Sango asked.

"Kagome got a split personality, named Kagane. It started when she was bullied. Since her grandfather was the creator of the company of criminals, they decided to place Kagome in the line, after Kagura's father and Kagura take the place. Why Kagura's father and not Kagome's father? It's because his father hated the company. And since Kagome got a fierce side, her grandfather knew that Kagome was the appropriate one to handle the company. No more further explanations, I'm lazy." he said.

"tch." Sango crossed her arms; pissed on his last words.

"What's the name of the company anyway?" InuYasha's father asked.

"Calling the Demons company." Mrs. Higurashi answered.

"WHAT?!" they all exclaimed.