InuYasha Fan Fiction: A new life part 26

Loving And Fearing Fate

What Kagome feels isn't weird in a bad way.

It is in an interesting way.

She can feel her heart pounding wild for an unknown reason.

"I promise. I'll take care of you." he moved away and sat on a chair near the patient's bed.

His eyes met hers.

"Kagome.."

"InuYasha.."

"I.. uhh-- never mind."

He broke their gaze by turning away.

"InuYasha? is something the matter?"

Kagome whispered as she tried reaching InuYasha's cheek.

When it was rested on his cheek, he felt her hand as cold as ice.

"Surprising you is not a good thing. I'm alright, do not worry--"

"I'm already worrying."

She ignored those tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

InuYasha sighed; he must tell what he feels right now to calm her down.

"My father disappeared after battling in a war far away from Japan. My mother had a heart stroke, which made me really depressed. My friends left me by moving far away from my place without even saying goodbye. and now, I fear that I might lost.. you."

He covered his eyes by his palm, as he couldn't hide the tears of pain anymore.

"it's like... fate wants me to die alone. Kagome, I've never loved a girl like you, you're my girlfriend, and now fate is breaking us apart through death." he started sobbing.

Kagome closed her eyes, as she felt beads of tears moving down from her eyes.

The interesting feeling was replaced by sadness.

' InuYasha was right. What if I disappeared? It's not that I need him. It's just that... he needs.. ME. ' Kagome opened her eyes, and surprisingly saw InuYasha smiling, even though he cries a raging river.

"Don't worry, Kagome. I swear I won't think those kinds of things again. We can do this together. I know we can." InuYasha kissed her forehead once more.

"Let's throw all the negative sides away and stick to our happiness." he added as he swept his tears away from his eyes.

Kagome did nothing but cry tears of happiness.

"I love you InuYasha.." she whispered even though she's having a hard time in breathing.

The boy swept those tears away from Kagome's eyes using his gentle thumb.

He doesn't want to see Kagome crying like this.

When the door opened, they looked back, and saw the doctor standing.

"We got good news, sir." he said with a smile.

"Your beloved ones' body is extraordinary. It is really healthy, which means that her chest can heal maybe half the time a normal wounded chest can."

InuYasha thanked God for this blessing.

Kagome's eyes were red from crying out those happiness inside her heart.

"Your mother and younger sibling will be happy to hear this one." he said; his voice full of confidence.

"InuYasha.."

She whispered as she tried breathing in a normal way.

"Yes my love?" InuYasha smiled as he answered.

"L-Love..? N-Never mind. Will you.. stay here until I go out?" she blushed slightly.

"Yes I will, dear." he kissed her cheek.

"But... you got school--"

"I'll never attend there anymore. I'm going to be with you." he gave a handsome smile, which made Kagome blush madly.

The door opened once more, and surprisingly saw the... guests.

There is Sango, Ayame and Koga, along with a mysterious guy standing before Sango.

"G-Guys?"

"Shut up InuYasha. You're not the only one who'll never attend that useless school." Sango scoffed.

"What..?" InuYasha froze.

"We also left." Ayame added.

"Y-You guys..." Kagome smiled; very surprised that they can make those decisions.

Noticing the man wrapping his arm around Sango's shoulders, she blinked.

"Is he your.. boyfriend?" she awkwardly asked.

But since Kagome is Sango's friend, she has the right to know the truth.

"Greetings madame, I am Miroku, Sango's future husband."

Because of that, Miroku's stomach met Sango's eblow with full force.

"idiot. stop it."

"I love you too."

Sango sighed and blushed.

Ayame, Koga, InuYasha and Kagome laughed at them.

"no worries Sango, you're both sweet." InuYasha gave a smug smirk.

"Shut the hell up!" Sango scoffed.

"Wait guys-- h-how did you know that... I was here?" she asked them.

"Saw it on the news. Your mom was worried sick as the reporters ask her questions, Kagome." Koga responded.

"I'm gonna tell her mom that she'll be safe." InuYasha smiled.

"Thank you..." Kagome held his hand that was rested on her forehead.