° the Escape House °

"...but she is in danger!" I said. "I wonder where...."

*******

Before I could finish my sentence, Myungsoo jumps up from the ground and looks around him frantically.

Right when he was about to sprint off to I don't know where,  I grabbed the end of his jacket which slowed him down. Looking at me in confusion, his eyes begged me to let him go so he could see Meera.

Shaking my head from his puppy eyes,  I point to the musicbox. "If we are going to make any progress, you need to first break that deadly thing and then we can calmly look for a key together."

Ignoring my last words, Myungsoo quickly whips out his staff and decimates the ornate musicbox into little fragments.

"Whoa..calm down!" I cried out while restraining his arm holding the staff.

"Don't waste all of your energy on something that isn't even alive!"

But my words fall on deaf ears as his eyes were frantically looking around him as if wondering what next to do.

With a heavy sigh, I blame his behavior on puberty. Can a grown man still go through puberty?

Rolling my eyes, I lead him back to the messy desk to look for clues. "There's a door over there." I pointed. "But it's locked so we need to find the key by looking for clues." Myungsoo nods his head as it seems he has finally calmed down.

Rifling through the loose paper, all I see are scraps and junk.

Finding several pages that was ripped the same way, I placed them together on the floor like a puzzle.

Unfortunately I was missing one piece.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I look through the books that were piled at the end of the desk but they were all blank.

Brushing my bangs out of my face, I crouch down to look at the puzzle on the floor only to come face to face with a weird slot that was carved into the side of the wooden desk.

I trace the weird design with the edge if my finger and then out of curiosity,  I turned it and it made a clicking sound.

After the click, I pulled and it revealed a little drawer with a small flashlight.

Disappointed, I still grab the flashlight  and place it in my pocket.

Ruffling through the obvious draws connected to the desk,  I finally find the last piece of the puzzle.

With exictment, I carefully move the scraps together on the wooden floor and it reveals a cryptic message.

Some things are hidden in plain view. The Key is to look Right in front of you.

"Wow... That was so helpful!" I muttered sarcastically.  This guys is taking creepy to a whole new level every times he rhymes.

"Plain view?" I questioned myself as I looked around for any clues.

Picking up one of the books again, I flip through it but it's still blank like last time.

But...who keeps blank books? That means there has to be something written on it but I just can't see it...

.........

....the flashlight!

"I'm so stupid!" I admonished myself as I quickly get the flashlight and shine it onto the books and flip through the pages.