Chapter 21: Dorks Are Cute

Okay so i found some way to update but this doesn't mean i promise for more updates in the future!

BTW SHOUT OUT TO @mintprincess for the wonderful story title name "My soul to keep" and explanation! :) GO FOLLOW HER SHES AMAZAYN! :) and her story is So good (;

Now..u may resume

Chapter 21: Dorks are Cute

-Lily POV- ''comment who elses POV I should do''

My father. The guy who walked out on my mom before I was even born. The guy who never stuck around, who never called, who never once cared about me or mom, was standing on my doorstep, asking to come in.

I don't think so.

I slammed the door shut in his face, locked it, turned around and stalked back up the stairs.

Whether the guy was my father or not I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. I've been fine my whole life without him and I sure as hell didn't need him now.

"Lily!" Carmen called after me but I kept going. I got upstairs, went straight into my room and slammed the door shut as well.

There was a long silence while I just sat on my bed, fuming. Impossible. There was no way it was him. It just couldn't be. How would he find me anyways? How would he know who I was or what my name was or anything?

Why the hell would my mom ever let me have his last name?

Carmen came up to my room not too long after, knocking on my door hesitantly. "Lily? Can I come in for a second?"

"Fine," I grumbled, lying flat across my unmade bed. I couldn't exactly say no to her. It was hard to stay mad at her, even though she seemed to be keeping secrets which she never used to do.

She cracked the door open, peeking in cautiously before she walked in, and I had to strain to hear her footsteps. She was quieter than a cat, and it was just a tad unnerving sometimes.

She sat down next to me, legs folded Indian style and came right out with a question I didn't want to answer.

"What are you going to do now?"

I stared up at my ceiling, at the dusty blades of my fan and the brown ropes hanging from it to turn it on. What was I going to do now? If he wasn't my father it was simple; pretend none of this ever happened. If he was my father though...then what?

"I don't know," I said honestly, staring at the fan still. "Got any ideas, Silver?"

"I do, actually," she leaned over me, looking at me upside down. "First things first; we need to find out if he's telling the truth or not."

"And how do you propose we find that out?"

"Paternity test," she said in a obvious tone.

"Oh yeah." I mumbled.

"After that, we can figure it out from there. It all depends on whether he's being honest or not," she continued.

"Okay, but how are we going to find the guy?" I asked, "I did just slam the door in his face."

"Yeah, and I re-opened it and got his number," she waved a piece of paper in front of my face.

"Ah," I said dumbly.

"Next issue. Do you want to find out?" she asked, chewing her lip as she sat back.

I let out a breath. "I don't know. This just...I don't know."