Chapter 17

*10 years later...*

Hera's P.O.V

   'Today is the big day,' I thought looking into the mirror at myself. Ashoka was behind me with a giant smile on her face. It seemed like my whole world had changed about a month ago.

*One month earlier...*

   Kanan was taking me out tonight for dinner at the bar. Not much of a date but the bar was sort of like a second home to me since leaving Ryloth. So I didn't mind us going there at all.

   Especially, when I could see my good, old friend Joe again. I got a job as a nurse a while ago and never really had time to stop by to say hi.

   Right at the moment, that's what I was doing, work. My eye averted over to the clock to see that Kanan will be home in a bit. So I stopped working and went to go get ready for dinner tonight.

About a half an hour later, Kanan arrived home and we left to the bar. I was overly excited to go there and see Joe, maybe even the biker gang if they still come around. Kanan just smiled at my enthusiasm as we entered the small cantina.

   It was just as I remembered it and that's when my eyes landed on Joe. I gave him a big hug and he returned it.

   "Hera? My have you grown into a fine woman," Joe said making my laugh.

   "It's great to see you too, Joe," I told the old man.

   "And I'm guessing this is Kanan?" Joe said.

   "You guessed right," Kanan replied grinning.

   "Ugh, I'm old. I still remember when you two were still teens," Joe laughed.

    After we talked with old Joe, Kanan and I sat in a round table. Then soon ordered our drinks and food. The two of us talked about our day and enjoyed our time together. Sometimes when I was drinking my water, Kanan would look up and eye me. Then brushed it off a little disappointment in his eyes but hid it yet, he couldn't hide it from me.

   "Are you okay?" I asked worried after a while.

   "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asked curiously but I sighed then smiled.

   "I don't know, I guess," I said then took a drink of my water when something slipped into my mouth. My first thought was an ice cube but it was cold and to hard. I reached into my mouth and pulled out the object from my mouth. My eyes widen when I saw what it was.

   A ring.

   I looked over at Kanan with wide eyes. He just smiled and said, "How did that get in there?" Words could not leave my mouth as Kanan scotched out of the booth and got on one knee in front of me.

   He took the ring out of hand. I used my hand to cover my mouth as tears welled in my eyes. "Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asked.

   It did take me a second to smile and lunged at him immediately saying, "Yes!" We both hugged each other tightly never wanting this moment to end. I kissed him as people around us cheered.

   When we broke I saw Ahsoka, the biker gang, old Joe and Copper cheering and whistling.

*Back to a month later...*

   I was so nervous that a shaky breath came out when sighing. "You look so beautiful, Hera," Ahsoka complimented making me smile.

   "You do too," I retorted.

   "Yeah, but your even better," she said and we laughed. I looked at myself in the mirror again.

   "You'll to great," she said trying to calm me down by rubbing the side of my arm.

   "Hey, I can't help it if I got butterflies in my stomach," I said.

   "Everyone on a wedding day is nervous but it's the comfort knowing that you're not alone in this that will help you get through with it," she told me.

   "Since when do you give advice?" I asked slyly.

   "Since forever," she replied making me smile.

   "I wish my mom could see me now," I said and sniffed a bit.

   "I bet she will at the wedding the whole time," she said and gave me a much needed hug.

   "Now," Ahsoka said handing me my flowers, "It's time to get you to hitched!"

   Ahsoka grabbed a basket full of pedals. She was the flower girl cause there wasn't anyone else that me or Kanan knew that could pull off the part. Joe is going to be Kanan's best man and Copper is the ring bearer. Lastly, an old family friend, Mr. Sumar was going to be the one to wed us.

   It was a nice, small and fast wedding in the park.

   Ahsoka and I left the room then headed for Ahsoka's really nice black car. She drove us to the park then parked in a slot. The two of us got out of the car and headed to the area where the wedding was taking place. We stopped at the entrance of the isle where a big flower bush covered us from the others.

   Copper, Joe, Ahsoka and I got into our positions. That's when the music to play on just a simple violin. First Ahsoka went around the bush and disappeared. I could feel myself almost sweat with lots of nervous. Old Joe wrapped an arm around mine and comforting me by saying, "Breath."

   I took a beep breath in and out slowly as I watched Copper go around the corner. We waited for our signal to go. When we got the signal, me and Joe started to walk around the corner. That's when I'm brought to a beautiful garden with flowers and trees, boarding the garden were tall, nicely trimmed hedges. Joe and I walked down the cobblestone path to the alter.

Kanan and Copper stood to the left as Ahsoka was on the right and Mr. Sumar was in the middle. Once we made it close enough, Joe let go of me and stood next to Copper. I walked up to Kanan and stood next to him. He gave me a bright smile and I returned the smile.

My heart was racing but once Kanan held my hands, everything around me was forgotten. I calmed down and listened to Mr. Sumar say some things. It took about ten minutes until the grand finally.

"Do you, Kanan Jarrus take Hera Syndulla to be your wedded wife?" Mr. Sumar asked Kanan.

   "I do," Kanan said looking me in the eye.

   "And do you, Hera Syndulla take Kanan Jarrus to be your wedded husband?" Mr. Sumar asked me.

   I looked at Kanan and said, "I..."

///////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁