Chapter 13

I hope you all like this chapter. I think this was my favorite one to write so far.

I do not own the song!!!

Song
Memory
Regular

Enjoy!!!!!!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Kanan's P.O.V

   I woke up early to call and tell Joe that Hera couldn't come in today. Joe understood why she wasn't coming to work. He knew that Hera wasn't acting like herself for a while now. I had to admit, there were times I thought the same thing but never spoke about it.

   Well, today is my day off so I thought to use it to help Hera have a nice relaxing day.

   About an hour later, Hera woke up and was surprised to see me awake. "Good morning, what are you doing up do early especially on your day off of work?" She asked me.

   "To tell Joe that you weren't coming in today so we could go out and relieve all the stress off of your shoulders," I said.

   "Kanan, we need the money though," she said in disbelief and a bit mad. Yet, behind that look of disapproval, there was an affectionate side.

   "Don't worry, Joe said he'll pay you the same as always. He was worried about you cause he has seen that you've been acting differently," I explained then mumbled, "I have too."

Hera's anger dissolved into a relaxed one. That's when I noticed how tired she looked when her walls were down. "Ok, fine. I guess a day just to relax is fine," she said giving in. I smiled and said, "How about you go and get some more sleep. You look like you could use it."

   She nodded in agreement then went back to bed. This gave me time to think of what to do today.

Well, cooking breakfast is off the list but we do have cereal. Before I did anything, I went to change into different clothes. After that I grabbed two bowls and poured some cereal into them then milk.

   About a couple minutes later, Hera wakes up with a change of clothes. I guide her to the table where I set the bowls. She laughed a little, "Well at least it's not burn't."

   "Oh har har, your so funny," I said.

   She smiles and sits at the table then begins to eat. I sat down across from her and ate the cereal too. "Thanks for getting breakfast set up," she said putting the bowl in the sink when she finished.

"You pretty much did the same for me ever since I came here," I said making her smile. Butterflies started to churn in my stomach and I couldn't stop my face from heating up a bit. "Maybe I should teach you some time," Hera said.

"Probably for the best," I said scratching the back of my head.

"Now, you said something about having fun in the city today?" She said.

"Yeah, let's go," I said and we headed out the door.

*time skip*

Hera's P.O.V

   Today was amazing. We walked through the park then got some ice cream. After that, we went through an aquarium then went to a small petting zoo at Ahsoka's school. We even saw her there helping her father with the chickens. I felt lighter and more relaxed but the day wasn't over yet even though we are heading home. Kanan suggested we could watch a movie or just listen to music and talk.