Chapter 16

*a week later...*

Kanan's P.O.V

   Hera and I are finally together. I felt like the happiest person in this crummy city. Though, I still was cautious of Hera's well-being. I didn't want anyone else that I love get killed again. So every time Hera goes somewhere without me, I tend to worry...a lot.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the clock. It was time to go. So I grabbed my stuff and left the pawnshop, then made my way to the bar. Hera was standing at the front door as I walked up to her.

   "Hey," I greeted and she looked over giving me a warm smile.

   "Hello to you too," she said as we began to walk home.

There was a nice silence between the two of us besides the bustling city that surrounded us. I heard a scream and looked over to see an old man getting beat up by troopers. I was about to go over there when something grasped my hand. My eyes went down to see Hera holding it so I looked up into her eyes.

"Some fights....we can't always get involved with," she said sadly. To my displeasure, Hera was right into not getting involved with it. The troopers are absolutely stupid but tough as nails. If I got involved, Hera and I would get arrested for getting in the way.

I sighed and slung an arm around Hera's shoulders, guiding her away from that place. A little while later, some weight came onto my left shoulder. My head twisted to see Hera laying her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry we couldn't do anything," she said guilty.

"It's fine, you were right to stop me from getting involved. We would have been toast and thrown away in a cell," I said.

"Like when you make toast and throw it in the trash," she said laughing a bit.

I rolled my eyes with a grin pastured on my face.

   "Sometimes, you know me to well," I said, "but that's why I love you."

   I felt Hera kiss my cheek then said, "I love you too."

   We made it to the apartment and entered what we called home. It was getting dark out so I'm glad we made it cause you never know what creeps are out during the night.

   When we made it in, I locked the door as Hera made her way to the kitchen to make supper. I followed her and did the one thing that could be down with my skills. Setting the table and pouring our drinks.

   About a half an hour later, the food was done and the table was set with our drinks. We ate and chatted until deciding to watch a movie.

   Half way into the movie, there was a loud knock at the door. Hera paused it as I walked over to the door and looked through the peek hole. There was an unfamiliar man standing their but something didn't feel right about him.

   "Who is it?" Hera asked behind me making me jump. I held my chest with one hand and bent over with my other hand on my knee.

   "You scared me," I complained whispering.

   "Sorry," she apologized then the knocks were more vicious this time.

   "I know your in there!" The man's voice bellowed with a slight slur. He must be drunk.

   "Oh no," Hera said paling with wide eyes. I looked at her confused as she looked through the peek hole.

   "How the heck did he find me?" She muttered to no one in particular.

   "You know who that is?" I said giving her a questioning look.

   "I-it's my father," she said and now I was the one shocked. Hera told me her father started to get addicted to drugs after his wife died. Now, he could be a very threat to the two of us like being under a drunk spell.