Chapter Twenty

John eyed Hercules as they came to a stop at a red light. John noticed how Hercules seemed tense, the way his eyes were glued to something, though nothing was there, how his head seemed to be off in the clouds. A frown played at John's lips as he noticed Hercules' worn down expression, how it looked tired and a little sad.

"Yo, Herc," John said, slapping Hercules' arm, making Hercules' head bolt in John's direction.

"Hm?" Herc asked, leaning on the car door, his eyes traveling off once more, focused on the road as the light turned green, signaling John to start driving again.

"What're you thinking about?" John asked, tapping his thumbs on the wheel as he steered, trying to divide his attention between the road and Hercules. "You seem off, like you're somewhere else, man. Is everything alright, Herc?" Hercules sighed, shaking his head. "Talk to me. What's troubling you?"

Hercules took a deep breath, trying to choose his words carefully. "I'm enough, right?"

John raised an eyebrow, the question catching him off-guard. "You mean like, for Lafayette?" Hercules nodded, semi-regretting having said anything at all. "Dude, I though we established that Laf is practically head over heels for you man, why're you so worried?"

Hercules picked at his finger nails, his bottom lip pulled tightly between his teeth. "Well it's just... Laf is a good looking guy. He could easily find a new person to be with. Is he really going to want to stick with me?"

"Hercules, when we went to that museum, you know what I thought, as soon as I saw you two together?" John asked, raising an eyebrow as he glanced at Hercules, who had a confused look on his face. "I thought, wow, those two are perfect for each other. I've never seen Lafayette smile that wide in a while, and there's no doubt in my mind that you're the one for him. So you know what we're going to do? We're going to get your stuff, bring it back to the apartment, and you're going to have a serious conversation with that Frenchman. Tell him how you feel."

"What if he gets mad?" Hercules asked, seeing his dorm building coming into view.

"Herc, trust me, he won't," John insured as he pulled into the parking lot, parking the car evenly. "You going to need any help with your stuff?" Hercules shook his head as he stepped out of John's truck, heading into the dorm building eagerly.

After a few flights of stairs and long hallways he reached his dorm, unlocking the door before entering. To Hercules' surprise, he didn't see or hear James nor Thomas.

"Thank god," He mumbled to himself as he went to his room, pulling out the suitcases he had kept under his bed. He didn't waist any time cramming clothes and such into the bags quickly, nearly having half of his stuff packed before he heard footsteps in the doorway.

"Going somewhere?" Thomas asked, leaning on the doorframe.

"I didn't know you were home," Hercules said, rolling his eyes as he turned to look at Thomas. "Shouldn't you be fucking your boyfriend or something?"

"Jemmy's sick actually," Thomas said, eyeing the numerous suitcases laid out on Hercules' bed. "Moving out huh?" Thomas asked, a hint of surprise in his voice. Hercules nodded, turning back to resume his packing, trying to ignore Thomas. "Moving in with your boyfriend I presume?"

"And a couple of his friends, well, my friends, yeah," Hercules said, not sparing Thomas a glance.

Thomas' eyes sparked as he heard a muffled "Tommy come back" from the other room. It was followed by a "I don't feel good", which slightly made Hercules smile. Not because he enjoyed that James was sick, but rather that he actually had respect for Thomas and James' relationship. Sure, he saw Thomas as a dick, but he and James were a good couple, and Hercules admired that.

"Well I've got to go take care of him, but good luck. I hope everything goes okay with you and your man," Hercules' raised an eyebrow at the sincerity of Thomas' tone. "What? Can't I say something nice once in a while without you looking at me like I have three eyes?"

"Well saying nice things really isn't in your nature," Hercules joked, chuckling.

Thomas shook his head, slightly laughing himself. "I said it, so just be happy about that. I've got a sick boyfriend to tend to, see you 'round Hercules."

Hercules let a small smile appear on his face. "Bye Thomas."

A/N: Guess who's having an awful night? That's right, me. I feel terrible about something I said about this girl, this chapter turned out bad, I'm feeling really not okay right now but my councilor is in Canada so I can't text her. I really need affection right now but I'm girlfriend is states away and I dunno. Just feeling awful I guess.