Chapter Three

A/N: This chapter kind of sucks, my apologies.

"Um, Laf, may I ask you why you brought a very large man named Hercules into our apartment?" Alexander asked, pulling himself off of John, staring up at Hercules.

"I met him at the café," Lafayette said, unwrapping his scarf from his neck. John and Alex looked at him, their expressions hinting that they wanted more of an explanation. "I brought him here because he's afraid of-"

A clap of thunder boomed through the apartment, cutting Lafayette off.

Hercules whimpered, shrinking back so that his back was pressed against the door. He slid down it, pulling his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them.

"Hercules," Lafayette crouched down so that he was at eye level with the man. "Look at me," Hercules looked up, his eyes meeting Lafayette's. "You're okay. Hear me?" Hercules slowly nodded, taking Lafayette's outstretched hand. Lafayette turned, seeing Alex with his arms wrapped tightly around John's neck. His face was hidden, buried in John's sweater. "Alex here has the same issue."

Hercules nodded, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I'm sorry I panicked on you. You really didn't have to bring me here, if you want me to go I will."

"No way," John piped in from across the room. "The storm is only getting worse dude, no way you should go back out there." He slowly rubbed circles into Alexander's back. "Besides, you look like you're freezing to death. I'll make some hot chocolate."

"I'm okay really-"

"Nonsense," John smiled, picking Alex up as he stood, making his way into their kitchen. "Laf, get the guy some dry clothes."

"It's no use Hercules, John likes guests," Lafayette grabbed Hercules' arm, dragging him to his room. "One time he invited the mailman in for tea."

"Isn't that dangerous? Inviting a complete stranger into your home? I'm a complete stranger y'know."

"Oui," Lafayette pulled open his closet, sifting through its contents, leaving Hercules to stand awkwardly in the room, not really sure what to do. "But what kind of person would I be if I had left you alone in the café? You were on the verge of a panic attack. Sure you're a stranger, but what does that matter?"

"I swear, you're going to get murdered one day, letting complete strangers into your apartment. What if I was a murderer? A rapist?"

Lafayette chuckled, pulling out a large sweater from his overflowing closet. "Are you?"

"Well no. But isn't that exactly what a rapist or murderer would say?" Hercules raised an eyebrow.

"I suppose." Lafayette smiled, handing Hercules the sweater, along with a pair of black sweatpants he had found during Hercules' murder rant.

"Get changed," Lafayette said, leaving the room. He headed towards the kitchen, where John was making four cups of hot chocolate. Alexander was sitting on the counter, swinging his legs back and forth as he watched John.

"So," John turned to him, stirring a spoon in one of the mugs. "Is he gay?"

"John!"

"What? That's the most important question," John shrugged, hopping up on the counter next to Alex.

"I don't even know anything about him and you want me to ask him if he's gay? That's crazy John," Lafayette leaned against the wall.

"Oh come on Laf. Don't you think he's cute?" Alex laughed, putting his elbows on his knees, his chin resting in his hands. "He's all muscly and big, your type."