Chapter Sixteen

A/N: I call this chapter "Anna tries to write romantic shit woo."

"An art museum?!" Hercules squealed as they neared the building. Both Hercules and John had bright faces, the two having a strange obsession with art. "I love art museums!" Hercules' child-like excitement made Lafayette giggle.

"You're adorable," he mumbled, taking Hercules' hand as they entered the large building. Hercules eyed the beautiful architecture of the place, running his hand along the marble walls.

As soon as they paid to enter, John pulled Alex away, disappearing off into a room. Lafayette laughed airily, letting Hercules pull him to a different room, filled with paintings of different varieties and colors. Hercules' eyes lit up in awe as his eyes traveled from piece to piece. Lafayette's eyes were glued to Hercules fondly. He had no real interest in art, but remembered Hercules had mentioned his passion for it while they were out for breakfast that morning, and couldn't help but think it was adorable.

"Laf, you're staring," Hercules mumbled, red-faced.

Lafayette smirked, the hand that wasn't linked with Hercules' was at his hip. "Well I can't help it. You're the only piece of art in this museum I want to look at." Hercules blushed madly, covering his face with his hand. "Look at how red you are, mon cher. It's adorable."

"God you're a fox," Hercules muttered, letting Lafayette turn him around. Laf put his arms around Hercules' neck, smiling down at the shorter man. Hercules couldn't make use of his limbs, freezing under Lafayette's touch. "You're a l-little close Laf."

"Oui," Laf said, grinning. "Come with me, there's something I want to show you."

Hercules let Lafayette drag him away, leading him through seemingly endless hallways and corridors. They eventually made it to a big red-painted door, in which Lafayette stopped in front of, turning to Hercules, grinning widely.

Hercules raised an eyebrow, a confused expression on his face as he looked at Lafayette who seemed to be radiating excitement.

"What is this?" Hercules asked, leaning on the wall.

"Well, back in high school, John begged me to take him here, since Alex was sick and couldn't go with him. After a lot of pestering, I agreed. John left me to go explore the place by himself, honestly defeating the whole point of bringing me. But anyways, while I was alone, I decided to look around, and I found this," Lafayette paused to let Hercules comprehend his story before opening the door, revealing a courtyard.

"Oh my lord," Hercules gasped as he stepped through the door, Lafayette following behind him. "Laf, this is amazing," he mumbled as he looked around.

The courtyard was a massive garden, trees and flowers surrounding the walls. The place looked like a flood of color, the plants and greenery seeming to envelop the two. Lafayette took Hercules' hand, leading him to a small rickety park-style bench in the middle of the courtyard. As they sat down Hercules stared in awe at his surroundings.

"D-Do you... Do you like it?" Lafayette asked, biting his lip, glancing at Hercules.

"Are you kidding me?! I love it," Hercules exclaimed, his jaw still hanging open even after the words left his mouth. "It's all so beautiful, Lafayette," he mumbled, leaning his head on Lafayette's shoulder, making the Frenchman's face flush. Hercules took note of it as he stole a glance up at Laf, smiling as he saw the red tint across his caramel colored cheeks. "Like you."

"Stop," Lafayette muttered, nervousness bubbling in his chest. Hercules smirked, pulling Lafayette onto his lap. "Herc?!" Lafayette exclaimed, his back tensing up as he felt Hercules' arms around him.

"Shh," Hercules said, gently rubbing Lafayette's back, smiling softly. Lafayette eased into the embrace, resting his head on Hercules' chest.

After a few minutes of silence, the two just enjoying each other's company, Hercules spoke up. "Thanks for bringing me here," he mumbled, looking at Lafayette who was curled up in his lap.

"You're welcome," Lafayette replied, grinning at Hercules. "How long have we been here?"

Hercules shrugged. "Long enough for Alex and John to make certain assumptions," he said suggestively, raising an eyebrow. "You think we should go find them?"

Lafayette shook his head, burying his face in the crook of Hercules' neck. "I'd rather stay here. I wanna talk to you, learn more about you. Can we do that?" Lafayette's words were slightly muffled, but Hercules heard him, smiling softly.

"Of course."

A/N: the self loathing is kind of getting to me tonight, but I hope you liked this chapter. I put a lot of effort into it.