Chapter twenty-six - What do I say to that?

I laugh as I take the haribo from his hand. Mitch looks at me with puppy dog eyes. I pop the sweet into my mouth and chew it. "Why on earth should I marry you?" His jaw smacked the ground and I turned and walked away.

I just said no to Mitch. I hate him, but why do I feel so guilty? I entered the room which kept Alfie and I apart and smiled. I stroked his face and bent down and kissed him. "When can I take him home?" I asked the nurse. She gave me a small smile and replied. "Soon enough,"

I crawled back into my bed and went for a short nap.

Mitch came in and stood there with Alfie in his arms. He was dressed in a suit. A black do up jacket and black pinstriped trousers. He handed over Alfie to an elderly woman. Must be his mum. Wait, that is his mum! Right? I honestly can't remember. He turned back around and faced the opposite way to me. My legs were automatically pushing me forwards. I looked down and a white dress was glued to my body. Ringlets formed in my hair and rested just below my chest. On top of my head was a veil. What on earth was a veil doing on my head? Only brides wear them right? Uh-oh.

I ended up being stood next to Mitch. An old man was stood in front with a book in his hands. I looked over my shoulder and saw a load of people sat in chairs looking right at us both. Some even crying. Confusion took over my face. I only knew what I was truly doing when Mitch started to say vowels. I was getting married!

I shot up and had a mini panic attack. I searched the room to find that I was back in the hospital. I felt awful. Did I really just get married?

My eyes focused onto where I had just left Mitch and ate the ring. Butterflies formed i my stomach. Why am I feeling this way about him? I hate him. He left me.

I stoop up and re-entered the room where little Alfie was laying. Mitch surprised me as he was already there. He was looking over Alfie and smiling. His fingers were wrapped around his sons. He actually looked happy. I am pretty sure that Mitch would make a good father. But would he make a good husband?

"Mitch?" I asked. He jumped and span around. "What?" I looked at him blankly and took a step forward. "You really love him don't you?"

He looked at me like I was stupid. "Of course I do Ali, he is my son! Just because I wasn't there during the birth, doesn't mean I don't care. Obviously you're to stuck up to see that. You only believe I ditched you back in the park because I was being spiteful. Any father would be shocked to know that the one they love was carrying their child. Especially so close to their due date. For you it was the actual day!"

"I was actually early. Alfie could of been seriously damaged. Even killed. And yes, you did leave me. You could of been a bit more supportive. But no, you ran off and left me to give birth by my self. In a park!"

He pulled me over to him and Alfie. "Look. He even has my nose and mouth. His eyes are yours. See?" I looked down at my little boy and couldn't help but crack a smile. "He is defiantly going to be a daddy's boy," I laughed.

I grabbed the sides of the incubator that Alfie was in. I suddenly felt warm firm hands wrap around my waist. "I love you Ali, let me prove it to you. I will always be there for you two, no matter what."

I felt my knees go weak beneath me. Why did someone so stubborn make me feel so special? I turned around so that I was facing him. "Can I trust you?" He looked me in the eyes and smiled. "Of course you can trust me Ali, I know that I was an ass back in the park, I was just in shock, you have to let me be a part of your lives,"

I gave in so easily. "Why do you make me feel like this Mitch?"

"Like what?"

"So free, you make me say things that I don't want to say. You know that I am pissed with you, yet I am wanting to let you in my life."

I could see Mitch giving me a cheeky smile. He loves in when he gets his own way. "Let me think about it more, I need to know for sure that I can trust you again," is all that I say, and he looked back down at Alfie. "See you in a bit little guy." Mitch leaves the room and it is now just me and Alfie.

"What do I do ey? Do I let daddy get his way. I don't want you growing up in a split family. I want us to be a close one. The one where you see out on family outings. Going to meals. Going to school meetings together. I just can't get the thing at the park out of my head. That was a side that I didn't want to see of daddy." I looked down at Alfie and saw him move. His eyes were still glued shut but his fists were clenching and unclenching.

I left the room and flew down onto my required bed. Mitch entered a few minutes later. "Need anything?" I nodded and asked for a glass of water. He went and fetched one and brought it to me. "Here you go,"

I took it out of his hands and placed it to my mouth. I took a few slips and sighed with relief. "That feels good,"

"I certainly remember the last time you said that," Mitch said with a cocky grin.

I slapped him on the arm, and he pretended that it hurt. This guy was such a goof. But in some ways, he was my goof. I smiled and brought him close to me. "You are such a dick,"

He whispered in my air. "No... I have a dick, and you defiantly liked it," I pushed him away and he laughed.

I could feel the butterflies returning. He made me feel nervous. Loved. Wanted. That's what I loved about him. So many decisions to make in such short time.

"I am going to the toilet, I shall be back in a minute," was what Mitch said, and then he left.

The dream came back and I tried to let it pass, but it just sat there in my mind. It is creepy. I didn't like Mitch. Why was I marrying him? Because he is the father to my baby? That is a great excuse. I need to love him to marry him. I don't. I will keep telling myself. I don't love him. I don't love him. I don't love him. Then suddenly Mitch entered back into the room. I don't love him. I don't love him. I do love him.

What did I just say. I loved him. What! Mitch walked up to the bed and say on the end of it. His muscles flexed and I giggled. "What?" he asked curiously. "Oh nothing," was my reply. He sighed and tilted his head to look out the window.

Teenage hormones was the blame for this. "Yes."

"Yes what?" he asked turning his head back around to face me.

"Yes, I will marry you."