Chapter twentytwo - All I want is you

I walked out of the ward and tried to find my little boy as I searched through the massive building. I followed the signs and asked around but it took a while to finally find it. I looked like a Muppet in my long blue gown and my hair looking like birds have finally found their home. I sneaked up to the window and peered in trying not to get caught. My eyes swelled up with tears as I could see leads and tubes attached to Alfie left, right and centre. I didn't want this to happen.

I stared at my little baby, and prayed for him to be alright. What if it comes to the worse and he...... NO.... DO NOT THINK OF THAT! I slapped myself to get the horrible thoughts out of my head. I watched Alfie fight for his life. What made him be this premature? What did I do wrong? Was it all the stress?

I fell to the floor and created a pool of my own tears. The tears stopped for a split second as I jumped out of my skin. I felt a hand grab a hold of my shoulder. I felt myself being picked up off of the floor. I took a breath and span around.

"Ali?" A familiar unwelcoming voice said

"Get.The.Fuck.Away.From.Me......NOW!" I said sharply.

Mitch took a step forward and cupped my face. I slapped his hand away and and took a few steps back. Mitch came closer and closer until I told him where to shove his apology.

"You left me Mitch!" I said angrily. "You left me there in agony!"

"You left me with no choice,"

"No choice..... NO CHOICE!"

"I had to walk away."

"And I couldn't give two shits if I never see you again you stuck-up ass-hole!" I yelled

"Calm down NOW...."

"You can't tell me what to do! Your like any other typical fucking guy I know.... you fucked me and left when you found out I was pregnant!"

"Actually I didn't know you were pregnant, I suspected until I found out a few bloody hours ago, it is a big part of my life to now know that I am a dad you know?!" He said supringly calm.

"Because I knew what your like, you would of killed me there and then, you have already given me a red ring around my wrist!"

He looked down at my left wrist to see a red mark from where he had grabbed me.

"I did that?" He gasped

"Yes! Because your a dick!"

"Quit your swearing Ali, patient's are staring,"

"I couldn't give a crap, you have made me turn out like this and left my baby in a fucking incubator!" I screamed pointing at Alfie through the glass.

"I am NOT the blame for this happening, I am so sorry for causing all this hassle between us, but you kept my baby a secret. OUR baby, a dad's worst nightmare to know they haven't been told they have created another human being when its actually growing inside the girl they love!" I saw the tears in Mitch's eyes when he said that.

"I know your sorry, but it isn't enough! You left me in the rain to give birth on my own. God knows what would of happen if that person wasn't walking their god. Our baby could be DEAD!"

I thumped the nearest wall in agony. I couldn't bear to see his face. It reminded me of the bad things he has now done to me.

"Leaving me in that park was the worst thing you could of done, and you have gone and accomplished it!" I said raising my voice again.

"I would rewind that, and I mean that, but your being over dramatic."

"Over dramatic.... you know that I was in pain, you could see it, and you didn't help!" I cried.

He came forward offering to comfort me, but I refused. I couldn't give in this easily.

"Maybe we should be on one of these MTV shows, like teen mom," I said still crying.

"Don't be like this, you do know that we can be a normal family?" He offered

"We COULD of, but you have ruined that, and you know that!"

I turned around and stared through the window, 

"Have you named it yet?" Mitch asked

"IT! That IT is called Alfie! You can't do anything right,"

Mitch turned around too and placed his hand against the window.

"Put your hand down, you'll get us caught!" I sneered

Too late. Or so I thought. The nurse came out and stared at me.4

"You are supposed to be resting," She said

"I wanted to see my baby, I need to see my baby!"

"Well I am the qualified one here, and I said you needed to rest,"

"I don't care what you say." I yelled trying to push past her and enter the room.

"I don't think you should go in there," She put forward.

"And why not, my baby is in there!"

"The little one still needs more time some of his organs havn't fully developed so we need to keep a closer eye on him until the time is right for us to let him go with you,"

"NO!" I said pushing her out of my way.

Firm hands grabbed my from behind and pulled me back.

"NOOO!" I screamed shouting and scratching and kicking.

I struglled to try and get free but the grips got tighter around my arms and waist. I continued to kick and bite whatever got in my way. I kicked whoever was holding me and I didn't care who it was. All I want is to see my baby. I need to know that he will be fine.

Mitch finally had the strength to pull me back and I fell into his arms and burst into more tears. Can he really prove he can be just what I need?