Boarding School for the Rejected -10-

Woot double digits guys!!! :D

Recap: Zeke shrugged, "Get some sleep Elizabetta," he said to me before walking away. It was the middle of the day, but it seemed like a good idea. It's pathetic I think, but crying was exhausting. Damien slammed the door behind himself as he walked in with me still in his arms. He placed me down on my bed, "What happened?" He asked me and I could tell that he was trying hard to keep himself from shouting and being angry. I didn't look at him; I simply curled up on my bed waiting for sleep to overcome me in its sweet embrace.

The next couple of days weren't the best I wouldn't even write anything to Damien or Zeke or anyone else who I knew that tried to talk to me. They tried to get my attention, but I just ignored them not even focusing on what they were saying. I was scared to get close to people again after the events from the other day, the memories which had flooded back from the back of my mind. Damien gave up trying after a while having gotten pissed by me ignoring him, and Zeke tried to talk to me during our magical sciences class, but just got himself in trouble, and I wouldn't let him talk to me after our classes were over for the day because I just went straight into my room as quickly as I could. I really didn't even care to find out what I was anymore, it would probably be easier for me to stay human, it wasn't like I was special anyway.

When I arrived at the room there was a folded piece of paper taped to the door that read "Happy Birthday Elizabetta!" I felt a bit touched that Zeke (I figured it was from him considering the fact that he knew everything about me now and since I hadn't told anyone else) would put this up for me, but quickly dismissed the feeling as I tore the paper down not even bothering to read what it said inside.

I walked in to my room and stopped surprised to see Zeke in there. I began to walk out of my room feeling pathetic that I was leaving MY room to get away from a person that should not have even been in there. "No Elizabetta wait. I need to tell you something really important!" I stopped because his voice sounded urgent. I turned back around looking at him with a painful gaze on my face wanting to be away from him.

"Listen I found out that you're a Fallidrah. It's one of the rarest species among us- only one every millennia- , and it's really important that you be careful, because you're going to... Well be transforming sometime today I believe." He said whispering the end, and my eyes nearly bulged out of my head. What? Was I going to turn into some freak?

"I need to speak quickly because I don't know when it'll happen, but you're soul is basically made of nearly every nonhuman species. You will basically look normal, but your mind is going to-" His quick rambling came to a halt as a blood curdling scream rang through the room. It took me a moment to realize it came from me as I fell to the ground curled up holding my head in pain, my eyes clenched close. I felt as if I was being stabbed over and over in the head. The pain was unbearable as I wished for it to stop; I would have rather died if it meant it would stop.

After several minutes the pain began to subside, as I was finally able to finally let go of my head and sit up as I opened my eyes as well. I looked up to see Zeke sitting on my bed just watching me. My lips formed a scowl as I glared at him, he must have understood why because he immediately began to try and explain, "I'm sorry Elizabetta, but this wasn't something I could do anything about. The power was going to unleash itself when your body became the most mature," he told me with a smile on his face.

I looked at him oddly. "Did you understand me?" He asked still smiling. I nodded my head wondering why I wouldn't. "I am speaking the language of my people." My eyes widened in confusion and shock, and then I noticed also that his accent was gone. "This is one of the things that come with being a Fallidrah is that there will be no limitations to what you can understand."