Boarding School for the Rejected -18-

Recap    I began to see black spots all around, but it just added unto the fun, but then I felt a small stinging on my arm, and slowly turned my head to look at my arm and saw that Aiden had tried to wipe off some of the blood which caused the irritation that had hurt. He then began spitting on the cut and I tried to fight him, I didn’t want this to end, and I didn’t understand why he was trying to ruin my happiness. He held me in a way that I was useless trying to fight and continued to spit on the cut. I watched it heal, but then realized I couldn’t stay awake any longer as the black spots grew larger until I was over taken by darkness.

-18-

       I awoke to the sound of beeping and was highly confused as I opened my tired blue eyes to look around. Everything was stark white and I noticed the beeping was coming from a machine that was hooked up to me. It occurred to me then that I was in an infirmary, as I noticed many other small white beds similar to the one I was lying in. They were all lined up along the room, but I was the only one within the room.

     I sat up looking down at myself. I had a couple of tubes and needles attached to me causing me to start to panic trying to pull the needles out of me. I heard the beeping on one of the machines accelerate showing my speeding heartbeat and I was not sure if it was the actual doctor or a nurse who then walked in. I automatically stopped trying to pull it out when I saw him, but I was still panicking. 

     “Oh, hi there, I’m Dr. Cremisi.”

       I stared up at the blond doctor wide eyed, but my breathing did not slow down at all. I really wanted to get out of there; I hated doctors and hospitals and just anything related terrified me. Hospitals always meant something bad.

      “Hey now, relax there. Would you like some tea?” I stared up at Dr. Cremisi. His eyes were a bloody red, but they were beautiful especially with his messy blond hair. I nodded my head slowly at his offer for tea relaxing as I stared at his eyes. His face was calm and patient and he nodded back smiling lightly and walked out the room.

     I tried to avoid looking at the needles in my arms, because I could already feel myself starting to panic again.  Before I had a chance to actually start panicking however Dr. Cremisi was back with two cups of tea, handing one over to me. I nodded my thanks just staring down at the cup. I wanted to ask why I was in here, but I was scared.

      “So, would you care to tell me exactly why you tried to kill yourself Elizabetta?” Dr. Cremisi asked me. He did not sound like he was accusing me, but curious.

      I looked up from my cup of tea looking at him as if he was crazy. “What?” I asked quietly my voice sounding dry and cracked.

     “I don’t know who, but I’m sure someone dropped you off here. Your body was limp and pale, and although you have no marks, which there are many reasons as to why there may not be any, but by the looks of it this looked like a suicide attempt.” Dr. Cremisi stated in an expected professional manner.

      I yelped suddenly as I felt hot tea scorch my skin and felt the cup being quickly taken out of my hands. I stared down at my hands realizing they had been shaking without me even realizing it. All I wanted now was to remember the last thing that happened before I blacked out. I did remember a dagger slicing me and the blood. All of that blood.

     “I want to get out. Please let me out. Please get these needles out of me. Where am I even now that I think about it? Why?” I began to spit out all of these questions feeling my entire body shaking now as I breathe heavily. I was so confused. The last thing I remembered was falling asleep in my room, but that seemed so long ago. I needed to get out.