Kade-Storm

Hi, everyone! Sorry, I kind of took a bit of a break yesterday. I feel bad because I have a lot of requests and I want to get them all done for you guys! Love you all! Thanks for your patience and support! <3

This was requested by the lovely @alysamaryf with the prompts 116, 144, 145, 154. Hope you enjoy <3. 

Alysa's POV:

(Outfit Below)

I was sitting on my bed in my room, scrolling through Twitter because I was bored

I was sitting on my bed in my room, scrolling through Twitter because I was bored. It was relatively quiet downstairs. Jake and Erika were at the gym, the twins were in the room they had just built, but they were pretty quiet anyway. Chance and Anthony were filming a video in their room. Nick was in the office working like usual, and Tessa was god knows where doing god knows what. All I knew was that she was gone. I didn't know where Kade was, but I knew that he was still in the house.

Kade.

The most oblivious person in the world.

Why, you ask? 

Well, it's simple. I've been head-over-heels in love with Kade for almost two years now.

And he's never noticed.

As if I could be any more obvious about it. 

I swear I've almost told him loads of times, but then I chicken out last minute. 

I was broken out of my thoughts of Kade when I heard a really loud bang. It sounded like... thunder? No thanks. You see, I'm afraid of storms. I hate them so much.

"What the hell was that?" I opened my door and yelled downstairs. I heard no answer so I walked out to the landing. 

"Well," Kade began, walking out of the office, making my heart skip a beat, "It's a storm it appears."

"It's a... what?" I asked anxiously. Storms and I do NOT get along.

"Did I stutter?" Kade asked, "A storm, Aly. It's raining, it's pouring. Boom, rain." He laughed.

I didn't find it very funny.

I frowned, getting ready to go back into my room. Kade was still watching me from downstairs, the laugh faded from his voice, the smile wiped off his face by the look on mine.

"Are you okay Alysa?" Kade asked.

I was about to answer when I saw a bolt of lightning streak through the sky and a second later, a loud clap of thunder followed. I jumped and whimpered, tears welling up in my eyes. I didn't see the look of concern on Kade's face because I whipped around and ran back into my room. I threw the blankets up and slid under them quickly, feeling a bit safer in the grip of my blankets.

"Aly?" I heard Kade come in my room. I tried to calm my tears, but it didn't work, as Kade walked over and pulled the blanket off my head, concern filling all his features.

I whimpered again, and I saw Kade was about to say something, when...

Everything got dark.

I quickly shot up in terror.

"Well, the power's out," Kade stated the obvious.

"Of course it is," I said, tears flowing out faster.

"Alysa... are you... scared of storms?" Kade asked.

"Yes, okay? I'm scared of storms. Go ahead and laugh all you want." I said through my tears.

"Laugh? Why would I laugh?"

"Because, I'm a baby, right?" I asked miserably, and a clap of thunder rumbled through the house again. My tears quickly turned into sobs and I started shaking.

"No, you're not. You have a fear, so what? We all do." Kade responded, putting his hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged his hand off, not wanting him to think he had to stay and comfort me. 

"Why are you always pushing me away?"  Kade asked, sitting next to me.

"I-what?" I asked as Kade put his arm around me, him unknowingly making me feel so much safer.

"I feel like you just hate me sometimes because you're always pushing me away."

"Of course I don't hate you, Kade!" I said quickly, my tears and fears now long forgotten. (See what I did there?)

"Well, sometimes it feels like it," Kade responded, his arm still wrapped tightly around my waist.

"Well, I'm sorry about that," I whispered. "Because I could never hate you." Another clap of thunder rumbled, making my body shake harder. 

I subconsciously snuggled closer into Kade, my head buried in the crook of his neck. He adjusted, so he could put both arms around me and I was basically sitting on his lap, my head still in the crook of his neck. I realized what was going on and also realized...

Kade was getting closer to me... not pushing me away.

"Kade?" I asked, lifting my head from his neck, his arms still around his waist.

"Yeah, Aly?"

"What... what are... Kade, I like you."

"I like you too Aly." Kade smiled.

"No, Kade. I mean, I like you." 

"I know. That's what I meant too. Alysa, I've liked you since I met you. I was just too afraid to tell you because I thought you wouldn't feel the same."

"Well, I do." I started, "But also, same."

Another clap of thunder rumbled, making me jump again. Kade leaned forward and kissed me, distracting me from the thunder.

And I kissed back.