Chapter 23

Carl shut the door behind me, then hugged me again. I snuggled against his chest, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist. I peeked around him to see Rick standing there, a bright smile lighting up his features. I disconnected myself from Carl, walking over to Rick.

"Hi Rick. I missed you. How are you?" Rick smiled, wrapping me into a hug. "I'm fine thank you." He whispered, releasing me.

"Sorry to ask, but do you have food?" Carl asked shyly, looking at the ground. I giggled, turning around and pecking him on the lips. I opened my bag and pulled the large can of pudding out. Carl's eyes opened wider that I had ever seen. He snatched it out of my hands before looking up at me.

"Did I tell you how much I love you? It's a lot." He said, smiling. I nodded, walking into the kitchen to grab spoons. When I walked back out, Rick had opened the can with his knife and sat waiting for me to come back for the utensils.

As we ate the pudding, we decided to go look for the others once we were done.

"Is Daryl alive? Please tell me he is." I blurted suddenly as we walked out of the house. Rick looked at me, a distant look in his eyes. "I don't know. I hope so," he said quietly. In the corner of my eye, I see Carl's lips twitch upward. He glances at me, amusement in his eyes.

"Rickyl is alive and well," He murmurs from under his breath. A loud laugh bubbles from my lips as I remember the good laugh over the bromance between Rick and Daryl that we had so long ago. Rick smiles slightly and chuckles.

"You guys are dorks." He says, continuing his steady pace. Carl and I shake our heads, and Carl grabs my hand. "But she's my dork." he smiles as I blush.

~.~.~

Carl, Rick and I sat around a small fire that Rick had made, which also happened to be in the middle of the road. Carl had his arm wrapped around my waist in a protective manor, and my head was resting on his shoulder. We all sat in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the peaceful moment that we had together.

Suddenly, I felt a cold metal pressed to the back of my skull. Oh shit,

My body stiffened as I heard a gruff voice utter a single word.

"Claimed"