Chapter 5

***4 Months Later Alex's POV***

It's been 4 months since Carl and I became a couple. But may I say, It has been the best 4 months of my life. I feel as if nothing could ever break us apart. We are stronger than ever.

About a week ago was Carl's 15th birthday and the whole group and I planned a surprise party for him. It was really fun. We all partied, gave gifts, and forgot about the world outside. I had waited until that night to give my gift to him, because it was special. The group was a little suspicious of why I had waited. It was actually kind of funny.

"Why are you waiting Alex?" Daryl had asked, multiple times may I add. So I decided to play with them a little. I raised my arms up in the air.

"Fine I'll tell you what the gift is." I said, holding back a smile. Carl was beaming, clearly excited.

"BIRTHDAY SEX!" I shouted. Still trying to contain my laughter. The group went silent. Then, Daryl, Rick and Glenn burst into fits of giggles.

"Get some Carl!" They all shouted at the same time. I laughed and looked over at Carol. She was like my mother now. She was staring at me, shocked.

"Joking" I mouthed to her. She nodded then giggled softly. I looked over to Carl and he was the most shocked. I decided to play with him a little longer. I walked over to him and sat on his lap.

"So you excited for tonight?" I ask seductively, twirling a strand of his hair on my finger. He gulped loudly.

"O-Only if you're sure I-it's the right t-time." He stuttered. I contained my laughter.

"Good." I winked at him and smacked my lips against his. He kisses back with passion. I pulled back.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm joking." I whispered into his ear. His expression was a mixture of disappointment and relief. If that was possible. I giggled and pecked his lips.

"Love you babe" I said, standing and walking away. The men were still laughing.

"Guys, I was just joking. He don't get none of this until much later." I said, motioning to my body. They just laugh harder.

Later that night was when I gave him his actual gift. It was a pocketknife with our initials carved into it. Done by Daryl. When he opened it, his eyes lit up.

"Alex, you did this for me?" He asks. I nod and peck him on the lips. He sat the pocketknife down and lie down on the bed, pulling me to him. I sat my head on his chest and we drifted to sleep, bodies cuddled together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit on my bed, waiting for Carl, Daryl, and Rick to return from the run they were making. It was getting dark and I missed them

My birthday is tomorrow and Carl said he had a surprise for me. I was really excited. Carl being Carl, was probably going to choose the most romantic gift you could get in a zombie apocalypse.

I heard the cell block door shut and Daryl's voice. I ran down the stairs and enveloped Carl into a hug. He dropped his things and put his arms around my waist. I snuggled my head in the crook of his neck.

"I missed you." I say. He was only gone for about 2 hours, but it felt like an eternity.

"I missed you too babe." I pulled away from the hug and kissed him lightly, yet lovingly.

I helped put away everything the boys had gotten, except this one box that Carl had taken to the cell that we now share. I'm guessing that was the gift he had gotten me. I follow him up the stairs and into our cell.

"Hey babe. How was the run?" I ask him. He motions for me to come sit with him. He takes my hand and pulls me into his lap. We look into each others eyes lovingly and Carl leans in. I don't object because I love Carl's kisses. They make me feel like I'm safe and loved. Carl makes me feel safe and loved. Our lips connect and those usual tingles shoot all throughout my body.

We pull apart and lie down on the bed. I snuggle my back into his chest as he wraps his arm around my waist. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*The next morning*

I open my eyes to find Carl gone, probably with the others. I stand up and stretch then head down the stairs to where the others are.

"SURPRISE!!!!" My eyes widen in shock. There were little gifts, food, even balloons! I look at everyone with a huge smile on my face.

"Thank you guys so much!" I say. Everyone shakes their head then points to where Carl and Daryl are standing. I run over to them the give them both really tight hugs.

"Thank you so much guys! I love you both." I say.

"Welcome, love ya too Alex." Daryl says.

"Anything for you, Alex. I love you more." He says, giving me a kiss on the lips. I smirk.

"Doubt that little sheriff." I say, tapping his hat. He chuckles and takes me over to one of the tables. In front of me, lies chips, soup, and little store cookies. I look at Carl.

"How did you manage to get all of this?"

"Got it all on the run." He says. I grin.

After we all ate, it was present time. Carl leads me over to where we are going to open presents, and sits down next to me. He hands me the gifts for me to open.

I had gotten lots of clothes. I wasn't complaining. I needed them! Really bad. I gave everyone a hug and thanked them. Once I sat down again, Carl hands me his gift. I opened it and saw a beautiful necklace. It was half of the ying-yang symbol with the words "Forever and always" engraved on the back.

I look up at Carl, speechless. He smiles then takes something out of his shirt. It is the other half to my necklace with the same thing engraved on the back. My eyes fill with happy tears and I attack him in a hug. He hugs me back.

"Thank you so much Carl. It means a lot." I say as tears of happiness leak from my eyes. He pulls back and wipes my tears with his thumb.

"I love you, Alex Johnson."

"I love you too, Carl Grimes." I say, and I mean it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Two days later.*

Carl and I just lie in the bed, playing with each others hair. Not saying a word. Just savoring the peaceful moment we have together.

BANG BANG BANG

I look at Carl.

"What was that?" I ask.

"I don't know. Let's go look." He stands up and takes my hand, leading me to the door, where the noise came from. Rick comes out from the cells.

"Did you guys hear that too?" He asks. We nod. He opens the door to find a family of four, all scratched and scared looking. Rick lets them in, but not into the cells. He tells them to give him their weapons, and they do. He sits them down and inspects them.

There is a man, a woman, a boy and a girl. The younger boy and girl look about 15 or 16.

They look pretty harmless, but we will keep them farther from the group. just in case.

"What are your names?" Rick asks.

"I'm John" The man says.

"I'm Mary." The woman replies.

"I'm Evan." The teen boy says, winking at me. Carl sees it and wraps his hand around my waist.

"I'm Tess." The girl says. She seems nice, but I have a bad feeling about her. She keeps glancing at Carl, so I step closer and he tightens his grip on my waist. I look over at Evan and he is glaring at Carl. Oh god. Here we go.