Chapter 12

Carl's POV

I can't thank Hershall enough. He saved my life. Twice! Once, back on the farm, and the second time, just a few hours ago!

I lie my head on the pillow and stare up at the ceiling. Just thinking.

"Hey Carl? Can I tell you something, important." Daryl says, walking into my cell. I nod and he sits on the bed. He takes a deep breath.

"Well Alex thought you died so she tried killing herself to be with you. But then you woke up and I found her just in time." He says, all in one breath. My eyes widen in shock.

She cares for me THAT much?

"Really?" I whisper. He nods his head slowly. My eyes water up at the thought of Alex being in THAT much pain to just kill herself off.

"Can you go get her?" I whisper, trying to keep the tears from falling. He nods again and walks out to get Alex.

He comes back with Alex. When I see her the tears start to flow. She rushes to my side.

"Baby, what's wrong." She asks, stroking my hair. I pat the space next to me, signaling that I want her to sit there. She sits down next to me and looks into my eyes.

"Why did you try to k-kill yourself?" I say quietly. She looks down at her hands.

"I didn't want to live without you." She whispers, tears building up in her blue eyes. I reach my hand up and wipe the tears off her cheeks.

"I don't want to live without you either, but we still have to fight. We can't just give up, Alex. We must keep fighting against the governor, or he will kill us all." I say, looking deep into her eyes. She nods.

"I see what you mean, I'll keep fighting. For you. I promised myself that I would get him back for what he did to you and the group." I smile weakly.

"That's my girl." She smiles back.

"How's your wound?" She asks sweetly.

"Eh, it's ok I guess. It doesn't hurt that much." I say. Just then, Hershall hobbles in.

"Good. You're a tough boy. You should be able to walk by tomorrow with some help." He says, smiling slightly at the sight of Alex and I cuddled together. He turns around and walks back out muttering something that sounds like 'Oh young love'

Alex looks over at me and smiles. I chuckle.

"What?" I say. She giggles.

"You sir, are beautiful." She says tapping my nose with her index finger. I smirk and tap her nose.

"You Darling, are gorgeous." I say. She smiles widely before connecting her lips with mine. she smiles mid-kiss which causes me to chuckle at her cuteness. She pulls away.

"Wanna walk now?" She asks excitedly. I shrug.

"I'm a tough kid. Sure! Why not." She giggles and helps me stand up. My feet touch the ground and she heaves to help me stand. When I do, I almost fall due to the extreme soreness in my abdominal area. 

"You ok?" She asks, worridly. I smile and nod. I take a step and wince at the pain shooting all throughout my body. Alex looks at me with a worried expression.  

"I'm fine babe, don't  worry." I say. She looks at me, clearly unsure if what I just said is true. I flash her a reassuring smile and continue to walk.

As I take more steps, the pain decreases. Alex takes me back to my cell and helps me lie down again. 

"We'll try again tomorrow. Ok?" She asks me with caring eyes. 

"Alex! We need you down here!" Daryl calls for her from downstairs. She gives me a quick peck on the lips and heads downstairs. 

*Alex's POV*

"Yeah?"I ask. I want to get this meeting over with so I can go back to caring for Carl. 

"We are going to attack Woodbury while they're vulnerable. We want you to come along." Rick says, that wierd look of intensity in his eyes. My eyes light up at the thought of getting revenge on the Governor for shooting Carl.  I smile broadly before agreeing to go. 

"Ok. Go tell Carl where you're going so he doesn't get worried, then we'll go." Daryl says then turns to talk to Rick. I run up the stairs and into Carl's cell.

"Baby! I'm going to go and attack Woodbury with Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and Michonne." I say, still overjoyed at the thought of revenge. He looks at me with an unreadable expression.

"I don't know Alex. What if you get hurt, or captured. Maybe you should just stay." He says, obviously worried. I grab his hand.

"Calm down Carl! I'll be careful! Besides, I have Daryl, Rick, Glenn, and Michonne to protect me." I tell him calmly. He relaxes.

"Ok." He sighs. "I love you." 

"I love you too Carl." I say and give him a long kiss on the lips. I turn around and run downstairs to the others. Daryl hands me my weapons and guids me to the car. 

The ride to Woodbury is oddly silent. It's not an awkward silence, more like a comfortable silence. Suddenly, the car slows down.

"Holy shit!" Daryl says. I look out the windshield and gasp. In front of the car, is what looks like a mass murder of the governor's army. But the Governor is nowhere to be found. 

"It looks like the Governor's men!" I point out. Rick nods.

"Let's just keep going." Rick says, and Daryl continues to drive. 

Once at Woodbury, Daryl stops the car and we all get out. Weapons at the ready.

We climb through a little hole in the gate and see that the town is pretty much deserted. I see a few people peeking out their windows, but we will deal with them later.

Rick leads us down this long hallway and to a door. He hesitates before he kicks the door in.

Michonne gasps and her hand flies to cover her mouth. Whatever it is, it must be pretty bad. I creep around the corner and look inside the room. My eyes widen in horror.

There lies my cousin Andrea, a huge bite out of her neck.