Chapter 7

Carl's POV

I lie on my bed just crying. Alex was the best thing that ever happened to me. I had promised her that I would never hurt her. Well, on purpose. Hopefully one of the guys will talk to her. She more than likely won't listen to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daryl's POV.

I feel like Alex needs to know the truth about Carl. Their love was to real just to break. I decided to go and talk to her. I walk over to her cell and peek my head in.

"Alex?" She looks up. Her eyes are red from crying all the time. She is heartbroken. I can tell. I walk in and sit next to her.

"Hey. Carl is really devastated. He told us the story. It isn't what you think it is." I say quietly. She nods.

"I think you should go talk to him." I say.

"I will eventually. But not now. I'm to much of a wreck to talk." She whispers.

"So is he. But he still needs you and from what I can see, you need him just as much." I say. She looks up at me and nods.

"Ok. I'll go talk to him." I take her hand and lead her down to Carl's cell.

Carl hasn't talked since it happened. He hasn't gotten out of bed. He just lies there, crying. I push Alex into the cell.

"Carl, someone is here to see you." I say and walk away. I'll let them sort that out themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex's POV

Carl is a mess. He just lies there, crying his eyes out. From that I can tell that there is a story behind this whole "cheating" thing. I walk towards him.

"Carl? I'm here to hear you out." I say as I sit on the bed next to him. He sits up at lightning speed.

"Alex, Oh my god I am so sorry! It wasn't my fault! She shoved herself on me and I tried to shove her off an-"

"Hey. Calm down I'm here to listen. So just start from the beginning." I say calmly.

"Well, I had heard her talking to you badly, so I went to her cell and tried to stop it. I guess she heard you coming because she jumped on me and just smacked her lips onto mine and I was trying to shove her off but she only got off once you saw. I'm so sorry Alex." He says. I nod.

"I forgive you. It wasn't your fault. It was that slut Tess's fault." I say.

"So, you love me again?" He asks with hopeful eyes.

"I never stopped. Even when I said I hated you, That was a lie. I could never hate you Carl. No matter how hard I tried." I told him. It was 100% true. I never stopped loving him. He holds up the necklace.

"Do you want this back?" I smile.

"Of course I do." I say. He goes around to the back of my neck and clasps the necklace best he could considering it was broken from when I tore it off my neck. I turn around and smile at him.

"Is it ok if I kiss you?" He asks. I laugh, grab his collar, and pull his lips to mine. Those all to familiar tingles shoot through my body. He smiles in the middle of it. I pull away and take him downstairs with me.

"Carl and I are back together!" I shout. The group erupts into cheers and  an "I knew it would happen!" from Glenn. Carl beamed at me and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you." He whispered into my ear. My lips twitched up into a smile.

"I love you too." I whisper. Out of the corner of my eye I see Rick smiling at us. I smile over at him and he turns and walks off. Carl takes my small hand in his and leads me over to Daryl.

"I'm happy for you guys." He says, without emotion. I raise an eyebrow.

"Daryl? What are you hiding from me?" I ask, skeptically.

"Nothing Alex" He snaps at me. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Look Daryl. You're like a father to me. I know when you are hiding something from me. So spill." I say, a little demanding. He sighs.

"The Governor is trying to take the prison. He is going to keep coming and trying to get it. Even if that means killing some of us in the process." He says, giving up. My eyes widen.

"The bastard that shot me?!" I scream. He nods.

"We can take him. He isn't that tough." He says with confidence. And for that moment, I believed him.

Boy was I wrong.