~9~ chance

(Ben's POV)

Almost as fast as a bolt of lightning, I fly back to Lynn's house. She is in her room, sketching a picture of something.

I get a closer look and my lips turn up in a grin when I see that she's drawing me. Even though she's upset with me, she wants to forgive me.

I make myself visible and Lynn gasps, shoving the drawing in her drawer. She spins around in the desk chair and gains composure. "What are you doing here?"

I unfold my wings and show them to her, revealing that they have turned back to their gray color. "I'm here to show you that my kindness is still here. I have a plan to make sure the evil in me never returns. Are you willing to accept me?"

Lynn is silent for a few moments, but eventually she stands up from her chair and hugs my waist. I hug her back, covering her with my soft wings. "Of course I'll accept you. What's the plan?"

I explain to her that I wanted to get my wings to turn completely white and that in hopes of that, all the evil in me will be gone. "My wings get brighter whenever I do something loving for you."

Lynn blushes. "Are you sure it's just for me?"

I nod. "I'm sure. Wait right here, I have a surprise for you." With those words, I vanish to retrieve the surprise.

(Lynn's POV)

As soon as Benjamin disappears, I pull out my drawing again. I knew he would come around sometime, and I'm so glad he did.

I am very fond of him. Not in a romantic way, but more like a family way. It feels like I've known him all my life when he's kindhearted. But he's a monster when evil comes through. I want to do everything in my power to get rid of the evil forever.

Only minutes later, Benjamin returns with his arms behind his back. I raise an eyebrow. "What is-" I stop when I hear small barking.

Benjamin holds out a Dalmatian puppy. He sets it in my lap and the puppy looks up at me with huge eyes. I cup my mouth in surprise and stare at Benjamin. "Y-you got me a puppy?"

Benjamin nods, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry I couldn't bring Oliver back and I know he can't replace him, but I hope you like him."

I pet the puppy's short, soft fur. It yips in delight and wags its small tail. I kiss the top of his head.

"What are you gonna name him?" Benjamin asks, smiling warmly at me.

"Benji," I reply, blushing a bit.

Benjamin looks surprised and a bit flattered. He smooths out his feathers. "Wow really? You're naming him after me? I uh don't know what to say."

I simply walk up to Benjamin's towering figure and stand up on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. "Thank you Benjamin."