~7~ revenge

(Ben's POV)

A few days have gone by since Lynn gave me the letter. My large feathery wings have become light gray; I'm still not used to the color of them, since they've been black for all of my immortal life.

I decide that I'm going to visit Lynn at school today and surprise her. Of course, I'll make myself only visible to her. I think people would freak out if they saw a tall guy with wings in the hallway.

I take off into the sky and fly towards her school. She told me what school she went to, so I know exactly where to go.

When I arrive, I land in the hallway, which is empty except for a few stray kids walking back from the bathroom. Class must still be in session. I lean against the wall and wait for class to be over so I can find Lynn.

After what seemed like hours, the classroom doors fly open and people come pouring out to fill the hallway.

I scan the crowd to find Lynn shoving books in her locker. I walk over and smile, leaning against the locker. She turns to me and almost screams. "Benjamin!? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see what your school was like," I say, hiding the fact that I went to see her.

Lynn shrugs. "Well, here it is." She stops. "Wait, nobody else can see you, right?"

I shake my head. "Nope, just you."

Just as I finished talking, a boy shoves Lynn against the locker and walks off, laughing with his friends. "Have you really resorted to imaginary friends, Lynn? Are you that desperate for attention?" He sneers.

Lynn starts to shake and curls her knees to her chest, hiding her face in her arms. I kneel down and press my face into her hair.

"I'll be okay," she whispers. "They do this to me everyday, because I don't have friends here."

My eyebrows raise, I stand up and clench my fists. "That'll be the last time they do it." With anger coursing through my veins, I follow the boy who had bullied Lynn.

"Benjamin, wait!" I hear Lynn shout behind me, but I ignore her. I catch up to the jerk that hurt Lynn.

I pick him up and take him into the boys bathroom. I make myself visible to him so he can see me.

The boy's eyes are huge as I pin him against the wall with only one arm. His feel dangle in the air and his limbs tremble with fear.

"Why were you picking on Lynn?" I growl, my eyes flaming.

"I-I," the boy stutters. "Who are you, what are you?"

"The last thing you'll see," I laugh maniacally as I throw him against the wall, breaking his spine. His lifeless body slumps to the bathroom floor.

It felt so good to kill again. The adrenaline from killing makes me feel alive. I flap my wings to see they have turned black again. I don't mind, I'm just so exhilarated.

(Lynn's POV)

I hear Benjamin laughing crazily and then a loud thump coming from the boys bathroom. I rush inside quickly and I'm horrified at the sight I see.

The boy who had bullied me, Trace, was dead on the floor and Benjamin was cowering over him, smiling in satisfaction. His wings had returned to their night-black color.

"Benjamin, what have you done?" I scream, staring at him in shock.

He turns to me, and I'm almost terrified of him. It's like he's a whole different person than he was just a short while ago. I back away and run out of the bathroom.