(9) Army

Michaela’s POV

After Alisa left, the family gathered in the living room, waiting to hear what Patrick has to say. My parents and I were the only one who was anxious to hear what he has to say. Laura was too busy texting and Connor was muttering to himself. I think I heard him say the words; Alisa, bitch and spit but I’m not sure if I heard him right. I don’t even know what he has against her anyways.

“So what do you have to tell us?” Mom asked Patrick anxiously. I was trying to keep calm, thinking that what Patrick has to say is not going to be bad. I hope he’s not quitting college because he’s supposed to be across the world but instead he’s here.

“I’m quitting college.” Patrick announced. “And I have enlisted in the army for a year.”

It was so silence that you could here the clock ticking. I don’t want my big brother to join the army.

“Someone say something.”

“There is no way in hell—”

Dad interrupted mom. “Have you thought this through? It’s not like that one time you wanted to be a cowboy and then a week later, you lost interest.”

I chuckled at the memory. Mom and dad bought him the cowboy outfit and everything. He looked so adorable.

“I’m sure about this dad,” Patrick sighed. “There’s this guy who came to the school and started talking about his time in the army. He said it was scary but it made him feel proud that he’s doing something for his country and then I realized that I wanted to do it.”

“Then I support you son.” Patrick smiled at dad and then he turned to me.

“Michaela?” He pleaded with his eyes.

“I support you.” He smiled at me and I got up from the floor to hug him.

“Mom?” He turned his attention to mom.

She didn’t say anything; she just got up from the couch and walked upstairs.

Alisa’s POV

The trash was getting full and I knew mom is too lazy to put it outside so I decided to do it.

I put on my jacket and went outside to throw the trash away. As I was putting the trash in the can, I looked upon the Campbell’s house and I saw Patrick sitting on the porch looking sad.

I walked up to him and asked, “Are you okay? You looked sad.”

He jumped up and held his hand to his heart. “Alisa, you scared the crap out of me.”

“My bad,” I laughed. “But seriously, are you okay?”

He stayed silence for a few seconds. “I don’t really know”

I went and sat down next to him. “What’s going on?”

“I decided to join to the army and my mom doesn’t really approve.”

“Wow the army, that’s pretty cool.”

He turned to look at me. “You think so?”

“Yeah, chicks really dig the whole saving America thing.”

He chuckled. “I guess I could get use to girls falling over me.”

I rolled my eyes, like he has problems with getting girls.

“And don’t worry about your mother, she’s just worried about you cause you know the army is not exactly Disney world.” He chuckled again and I smiled, happy that I took his sadness away.

“Do you want to go out on a date with me?” He suddenly asked. Wait, what? Maybe I didn’t hear him right. He wants to go out with me? Is he secretly blind? Is there something wrong with him? I’m ugly.

I laughed to take the pain away cause as much as I want him to ask me out, I know he didn’t. “I’m sorry; I thought I heard you say ‘would you go out with me.”

“I actually said ‘do you want to go out on a date with me’ but it’s okay if you don’t want to.” He got up to leave but I grabbed his hands to stop him.

“No, I would love to.”

“Great, I’ll pick you up Saturday at six.”

He went inside his house and I did a victory dance.

I got a date with Patrick Campbell.

Suck on it bitches!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote (20)

Comment (2)

FAN