Chapter 10

(Disclaimer:I do not own Criminal minds or the characters from criminal minds)

Please RR, much appreciated!

Emily rushed from the front door, inhuman yells erupted from the house behind her. She prayed that her team wouldn't be hurt for what she'd done. Gunshots flitted around her, none of which found their target.

The house stood alone in a desolate wasteland, fields killed by drought surrounded the house, and a narrow county road wrapped around a wooded area ahead of her.

Emily whipped her head back at the house as she ran, Callen had given up on the gun, throwing it down in the dust.

She willed her legs to run faster, already burning with strain after having been sat in the basement for days.

The sun disappeared as she followed the road into the woods. From there she buried herself within the shield of the trees and kept running.

As she'd expected, the roar of an engine erupted in the distance. She quickened her pace.

She veered left, deeper into the woods.

In the corner of her eye a red pickup truck sped by. She glanced over watching it pull over ahead of her on the road.

Suddenly her foot connected with a root and she felt herself falling. She rolled down the sloping hill, rocks digging into her back. When she stopped rolling, she ducked beneath some a jutting stone. She held her hand over her mouth to ease her regard breath.

In the distance she heard the unmistakable tone of Callen.

"Keep driving along the road. She can't have gotten far. Darrell you look in that section I'll go down here."

They were far enough away not to hear the branches crack beneath her feet.

She continued to jog, desperate to put distance between her and the unsubs.

Her pace much slower, having developed a slight limp from the tumble. She ducked and jumped, crawled and climbed, further and further away.

Occasionally she'd hear a "shit..." or "where the hell is she?..."

She kept going. Even after the voices died. After the sunset. And as night began to fall she stumbled through branch after branch. All she knew was that she had to keep going, for the team.

For her team.

Basement

As soon as the door shut behind Emily, a fight was heard from above. Grunts, the charging of feet running against floorboards, gunshots and the yell of aggravation from Callen.

Morgan smiled at Hotch, knowing Emily was out.

"Wh..hat the h..hell was that!?" Rossi grappled with his words, they felt thick on his tongue.

"Emily's getting us outta here that's what." JJ beamed triumphantly.

Rossi looked at each of the agents in confusion, realising this was part of a plan they'd made.

The floor shook, sending dust down onto the agents. Thuds and yells and the slamming of a door. After a minute of straining their ears, the sound of an engine bursting into life fell upon them. The squeal of tyres followed, drowning out as they sped away.

"Jesus, Rossi!" Alex hissed seeing his severed finger.

"What did they do?" Hotch asked sternly.