Chapter One

Chapter One
It was the Stadium Series; outdoor hockey in the bitter cold. It was the night before and I was on my way to the Stadium Series with Chaunette. We got to know each other because I was sitting next to her during a home Blackhawks game. Anyway, we were able to skate with the team because it was just friends and family. Chaunette is dating Andrew Shaw so I got to know him and hence became friends with Shaw.
Though, the biggest mistake I ever had was telling him that I like-like Brandon Saad. Every time I saw Shaw, he'd make some sort of comment on the subject. Luckily he never told Brandon that. He was saving that for me to do. I never met Brandon but tonight was the night.
Chaunette drove and took a glance over to me. "Sarah!" She exclaimed. "You're shaking like a tree branch in the wind!" She giggled as she said it.
"Of course I am! I'm meeting Brandon!"
"You're boyfriend." She added jokingly.
"Soon." We both gave a laugh.
We soon arrived to Soldier Field and parked in the parking garage. It was empty. We got ourselves a good spot and got out. "Of all of the time I've lived here, I've never have been inside Soldier Field. I've been to Toyota Park, the United Center, US Cellular Field, and the home of the losers, Wrigley." I explained.
"First, don't you talk about my Cubbies like that. Two, well you're about to." Chaunette started to quicken her pace. So did I. We ended up racing to get to the entrance of the actual field when we ran into Shaw.
Chaunette jumped into Andrew's arms while I awkwardly stood there.
"Wanna get your skates on?" He asked.
"Sure!" Chaunette exclaimed.
"Yep. Lets get a move on." I pushed Chaunette and Shaw foward. Shaw drew back and was nudging me with his elbow.
"Excited to meet Saader?"
"For the most part." I raised up my hand and it was shaking like there was no tomorrow.
"Okay," Shaw sandwiched my hand to make it stop shaking. "Just be yourself. Though don't be too pushy about going out. He's just getting over a breakup."
"There's one other thing." I looked down.
"What?"
"I...uh...don't know how to skate." I quickly said the last five words. Shaw laughed.
"Don't worry! I'll get Saader boy to teach you. Aw! You're first date!" I playfully punch Shaw in the arm giggling. We finally got our skates on and headed out to the ice. I clutched onto Chaunette trying not to trip.
We got over to the ice, where I leaned onto the glass. Shaw winked at me and quickly skated off before I could get him. He got over to Brandon and talked. Shaw then pointed over to me and I smiled, doing a little wave. Saad looked over to me and couldn't look away. Mind you, Shaw and Saad were still skating so Saad sorta tripped and took others down with him. His cheeks turned redder than they were with the cold. Chaunette and I laughed. She them pulled on my sweatshirt,
"Lets go!"