Koi no Ame

One drop.

Jack looked up and surely the sky was dark.

Another drop.

Jack moved towards the school's main building.

He sighed. He didn't bring an umbrella today. It was sunny when he left home. Hiccup and Eugene both had already gone home. He had told them to go first since he wanted to play a little bit of soccer.

It was really pouring down now. And it seems the rain wouldn't let up until later.

Jack sighed once more.

The school was now deserted, it was eerily quiet.

Jack, seeing as he'd be staying here for a while decided to go to the vending machine to buy something to drink.

He turned to go, but something red flash in his peripheral view.

That was when he noticed her.

It was Merida.

'Why is she still here..?' Jack mused.

He was about to call her, but then she made a twirl. And it was only now that Jack realized that she was playing in the rain.

He watched her for a few minutes, entranced.

Merida, ever since entering high school has started to become very prim and proper-- no doubt because of all her mom's 'lessons to becoming a proper lady'. She had change from when they were kids when she was boyish and unabashed... She'd even started involving herself in school programs. When they were younger, she would only join sports clubs, and now she's part of the student government.

But just right then, seeing her like that... It was like seeing her for the first time all over again.

She was having so much fun that Jack had to smile.

He approach her. He barely felt the rain on him.

She'd notice him come. She had stop when he was close enough.

"I didn't know you were still here." Merida said, a bit surprised.

He shrugged. "Soccer practice... I didn't know you were still here..."

Merida gave him a smile. "Prefect duties..."

"You're soaking wet..." Jack pointed out.

Merida laughed, "So are you..."

Jack looked at himself and laughed along Merida. 

"The rain doesn't bother you?" Jack asked after a moment.

Merida shook her head, smiling. "I love the rain."

Jack smiled at her. "I figured... why though?"

"Hmm..." Merida thought as she twirl around more. The rain was still not letting up.

"Well... rain symbolizes fearless love..." She said.

Jack looked at her questioningly.

"The rain doesn't know where it would land..." Merida continued saying.

Jack nodded, urging her to go on.

Merida smiled. "...yet it still falls."

Jack registered that for a moment, and he gave his own smile.

"Well, that's true..." he said looking at the sky.

Suddenly, a splash of water hit him. He realized Merida had purposely leaped into a puddle near him.

Jack laughed, "Oh, you'll pay for that one."

 END.