New Rome

Crystal didn't notice the romans until a shout sounded from behind her. They surrounded her and the chimera within Seconds of unloading and were just readying for the final strike. The group watched from the house.

"No!" Leo shouted as he ran forward. The roman squad paused but didn't take there eyes off the 'threat'. One roman, that seemed to be wearing a toga under her aromor, stepped out.

"Leo Valdes" She said "What are you doing here?"  

"stopping you" He said "She's on our side" The girl looked at him confused with a hint of anger on her face.

"Then why did you call for backup?" She asked. Leo looked at her.

"I didn't call for backup" He said.

"No, I did but the problem's been taken care of" Adam said walking up behind them. Leo jumped in surprise.

"What do you mean it's been taken care of? How can it be taken care of?" The girl asked mildly moody.

"Calm down Reggi, our friend here took care of it" Jason (camp) said coming forward. His blond hair swirling in a breeze he created.

"Friend? Who is she?" Reggie asked.

"My name is Crystal and I can hear everything you're saying!" she called over. Jason looked back at her before leading Reggie a ways away.

"Who is she?" Reggie asked once they were out of ear shot from the others.

"I dont know, she appeared at camp half blood and we were sent iut to get her back" Jason relplied.

"Wait wait wait, what do you mean 'get her back'? Is she from our camp because if she is I have never seen her-" She started but was cut off by one of the others running over.

"Sir, what do we do with the monster and- her?" he seemed hesiitant and with the L.A. sun beating down on them all, it wasnt surprising that his brown hair was packed down with sweat under his helmet.

"We'll bring her back to Reyna, I dont know about the thing though" Reggie stared at the beast. It had rolled onto its side and seemed to be sunbathing.

"Should we dispose of it?" the boy asked looking at it too. Reggie nodded

"We're better safe than sorry" she replied. The Chimera sat up and stared at them, a growl started rising in the back of its throat.

The squad still surrounding it took up arms ready for any attack that could come. It wasn't quick enough though.

The Chimera charged the left flank, breaking through. The nearest romans threw their spears but they bounced off its sides only leaving knicks and scratches. It ran off and disappeared within seconds.

"Or you could have let it go" Ty said comng up next to them. 

"It's too big a risk to let it go" Reggi said and turned to half the squad. "track it down and send it back to tartarus, I dont want to hear you let it go"  they nodded and headed off. She turned to look back at the group "rest of you, come with us. We're going back to camp"

----------

Crystal waited outside a giant, marble columned, building with many statues. She was dressed in a toga over her clothes like everyone else walking around. Her dagger had been taken when she entered the city by a talking statue to her surprise. She was reluctant at first but as she watched all the others pull out there weapons and them over she decided it wouldn't hurt. She wasn't so sure now.

------

Percy, Jason (camp) and another girl were all inside the building. The girl paced back and forth between two metal dogs, one gold and the other silver.