6. An Uneventful Day

Lumina awakens to the sound of a slamming door and yelling, almost forgetting she is at Hogwarts. She looks around through sleepy eyes and yawns.

I feel like I live alone. I go to sleep and there’s no one here.  I wake up and there’s still no one here.

She notices the time and jumps out of bed.

Jumping Jobberknolls, it’s almost 8:30!  No wonder no one is here, I overslept! Those bimbos could have woken me up….

In a flurry, she brushes her teeth, throws on her uniform and flies to the Great Hall; knocking over a couple first years in the process.

Everyone is busily eating as Lumina makes her way to the Slytherin table. She spots Willow and Cadence and slides in on the opposite side of where they’re sitting.

“Nice of you to grace us with your presence, Sleeping Beauty.” Coos Willow sarcastically while munching on a piece of toast.

“If two someones had woken me up, you wouldn’t have had to wait so long.” She says with a roll of her eyes as she begins putting food on her plate.

“We’re not alarm clocks, hun. Besides I don’t even know how you could sleep through all the racket Pansy was making next door.” Comes Cadence sardonically.

“I did hear some banging and yelling this morning, that’s what woke me up. What crawled up her arse?”

“Apparently, she ended things with Draco last night but thought it didn’t really happen. When she woke up and realized what she’d done she went a bit bonkers.” Willow couldn’t even attempt to hide the humor she found in all of this.

“Yeah, she was screaming at Millicent for letting her do such a thing when Millicent didn’t have a thing to do with it. Or so I’ve heard.” The bored tone in Cadence’s voice annoyed Lumina, but she couldn’t figure out why.

Before she had time to think on it too deeply, screeches and the flapping of wings are heard and everyone looks up excitedly as their owls come bearing class schedules.

Lumina recognizes her own devastatingly beautiful owl, Lillith, drop her schedule right into her hands.

“Ancient Runes, Potions, lunch then DADA, Herbology and History of Magic.” Lumina says in a very dissatisfactory tone and throws her schedule on the table for the two girls to compare their own schedules to.

“Looks like the only class all three of us have together is Herbology. And how in Merlin’s name did you manage to get an O in History of Magic on your O.W.Ls Lumina?” comes Willow, flabbergasted.

“We had a different way of testing at Beauxbatons and they’re big on history. Here, normally only the history of English wizards is taught until sixth year. At Beauxbatons the history of magic all over the world is taught through every year.”

“As interesting as that sounds, I’ve got Arithmancy in 20 minutes and I need to gather my books and such so I’ll see you two later.” With that, Cadence leaves the table with a look Lumina couldn’t decipher in the direction Theodore Nott was sitting.

“Actually she’s got a point; I’ve got Transfiguration soon too. Catch you at lunchtime, Lumina.” And then Willow’s gone too, leaving Lumina to contemplate about Pansy’s behavior.

I wonder if I had anything to do with her decision to leave him? Seems rather random to me. Is she not up for a fight this time when I am finally able to defend myself?  No matter, she’s not the target anyway. Lumina thinks to herself menacingly while looking around the table.