chapter 14

hey guys sorry it took such a long time to upload things have been pretty busy!

Enjoy!! ----------------> pictures of Markie to the right! :D

Song: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well we are here," Nathan said, opening the door.

I walked into the giant house loaded with black leather furniture. "Wow, you guys are loaded."

A chuckle escaped his lips as he turned to look at me. "We are loaded but we don't use the money for things we want. In fact we are forced to get our own jobs for money," he replied looking around like he just noticed all the nice stuff.

"Well that must be hard, I mean from what I have seen you don't have a job."

"That's right, its because my job doesn't start till after school has started."

"What do you mean?" I asked while walking over to the couch that looked amazingly comfortable.

"My job is to travel with my fathers company. I was going to tell you a little later but you just asked."

My heart skipped a beat as I looked over at Nathan with wide eyes. I stood up and made my way over to him, "What do you mean? like a week trip?" I knew I sounded like a wife with problems but there was something about him I love so much. That didn't give me much time to figure what it was, I mean the school year starts in two months. Of course to most that was plenty of time but for me I wanted to know everything about him.

"No as in like a month trip, maybe more."

"Oh." I turned back around looking down at my feet to avoid his gaze. My chest hurt, a pain deep down inside telling me that we weren't ever going to see each other. His father travels like three times every month if it is just a short trip.

"Aw come on don't look like that," he whispered, grabbing my chin to make me look at him.

I met his grey eyes, the eyes that make me want to melt. "I am sorry, I just don't think I would ever get to see you."

"I don't want to think about the future I want to think about the present. I want to live this time with you ok? When that road gets here we will see where it takes us." He pulled me into a big hug making me feel ten times better. "Now come on we have to go see my parents and tell them what's going on."

I shook my head in denial, and started to walk backwards. I turned to bolt when I came face to face with a young man who looked about three years older then Nathan. He had black hair like Nathan and blue eyes instead of grey. "Um," I said dumbfounded.

"Nate, who is this pretty little lady?" he asked looking down at me.

"This here is my girlfriend, so back off." Nathan came up and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me towards him. I felt so safe in his arms, so safe a smile stretched across my face.

"Oh darn I was so looking forward to getting to know her," he replied with a wink in my direction. I threw his a disgusted look causing him to laugh and Nathan to tense around me. "I am Markie by the way, Nathan's older brother."

I held my hand out, only for it to be grabbed by Nathan. I loved how he was so protective over me and then how he got so jealous. "I am Lindsey, nice to meet you."

"Oh it is my pleasure to meet such a," he began but was interrupted by a loud cough from Nathan. He smirked at Nathan who was now tightening his grip around my waist.

I looked up at Nathan, then back at Markie who was still smirking at Nathan. Did I miss something? things where not getting anywhere so I thought I would cut in with a loud cough of my own. "Um Markie is it? Anyways have you seen your parents, Nathan is looking for them."

"Yeah they are upstairs in their study," he replied not even looking back at me.

"Thanks" I grabbed Nathan's arm and began to drag him towards the door. I wasn't going to sit there and have him death glare at Markie for another hour. I glanced over my shoulder at the very handsome older brother, only to notice him staring at my butt. Snorting in disgust I let Nathan drag me to my doom. "What was that all about?" I asked once we reached the second floor.

"It's nothing," he muttered in reply.

I stopped dead in my tracks knowing to well that he was lying. Putting my hands on my hips I glared at the back of his head waiting till he turned around. I was not going to let this go, something was up between him and his brother and I wanted to know.

He turned to face me, letting his eyes slip to my hands that where on my hips. Letting out a long sigh he knew he wasn't going to get out of this one. "My brother is a player."

Rolling my eyes I thought about how typical that was, "Of course he is."

"He has been trying to get every single one of my girl friends ever since we where little. Back when I was about ten and he was twelve."

"What happened?" I asked walking up to him. Grabbing his hands I placed my small hands in his giant ones.

"Well he got his first girlfriend, and brought her home. I had nothing to do with her, but she was all over me which made Markie mad. She then broke up with him thinking I would love to go out with her. When I said no she told Markie that I asked her out." he stopped to breath for a moment. "Markie didn't like that so he went and every time I got a girlfriend he would flirt with her till she gave herself to him. This time there is going to be a different story, I am not letting him put his hands on you let alone talk to you. I don't want to lose you."

I felt myself smile at the last sentence but then something popped in my head. "Why didn't he come to the dinner at my house?"

"He was still at our old house, 'Packing' as he says. I knew that he was having sex with my previous girlfriend. I had to break up with her because it would have never worked out with me all the way down here. Heartbroken, she threw herself at him and that's why I was so mad when I first met you," he muttered, pain flashing through his eyes at the memory of our first meeting on the beach.

Everything made since now, the glares at his brother and his attitude on the beach. He was worried he would lose me to that player?... in his dreams. "Hey, don't worry about it. You cant lose me that easily. Now come on I have to meet you parents."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you  think? A great talk about Nathan's brother that no one knew about! o: And we found out why Nathan was so grumpy earlier in the story... YAY!

PLEASE PLEASE VOTE! :D hope you liked it! i really want to get more then 10 VOTES PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!

Thanks next upload will be soon!