-- Common Revolvers, an introduction --

While revolvers are beginning to be phased out, to be replaced by the service pistol sidearm, paramilitary, police, and limited military use still utilize revolvers due to their reliability. Because of the unique chamber, where you reload the revolver by manual feeding into each individual slot of a revolver, the gun is less likely to jam or have a failure, and in the event of a bullet failure, the chamber can merely be changed with the cock of a hammer, and the faulty bullet tapped out of the chamber. The next benefit to the revolver is that the gun does not need to be built around a magazine, allowing more ease of comfort as the handle can be shaped to fix any customer's need, or can be replaced with a need handle. 

The biggest benefit though, is caliber. Revolvers  can chamber high caliber rounds, dwarfing even the Desert Eagle .50 caliber bullet, with the .500 S&W, and an even larger 55. Caliber revolver, designed for big game hunting and target shooting.

The only con for revolvers is the firing system, which is often a single action, requiring a hammer cock to make the chamber rotate to the next round. Some models have been modified to be similar to the pistol single action, having a single hammer cock and allowing the firing of all rounds in the chamber. 

Reloading may also pose as a difficulty, but can easily be remedied with the following accessories:

Moon clips]

 Moon clips are essentially, pieces of round disk plastic that can hold all the bullets in the same position as the chamber, allowing for a quick reload. You simply need to load the moon clip with all the bullets held in place to the chamber. some moon clips hold all rounds, or hold half of the rounds, known as "Half-Moon clips".

Speedloaders]

Speedloaders are an alternative, similar to moonclips, and arrange the bullets in a circular shape, allowing the shooter to simply drop the bullets into the chamber when opened out.

Replacement chambers] 

A rare accessory for many modern pistols, the replacement chamber allows the entire chamber to be removed, and replaced with an exact replica, cutting down on reloading time.

The purpose of this introductory section is merely, besides informing the user why to select revolvers over pistols, is that simply, there are very few revolvers in service or in paramilitary, and while I do not wish to disappoint, unfortunately, I will only be giving you a list of common revolvers in service, and for a few iconic revolvers, I will not go in depth into Mid-West American expansionism era. Though, I do highly recommend you delve into revolver research, it is extremely interesting and fascinating as a history, as well as the craftsmanship of these unique weapons.