Ch 5: An Awkward Encounter

Austin's POV: 

I walked into the throne room. I saw at the very end of the room two big throne chairs where the King and Queen were sitting. In front of them I saw my mom. All of there eyes were on me as I walked down the large carpet leading to the chairs. I bowed to the King and Queen. 

"My son is very honored to be here your majesty." My mother said with a large smile. 

"We are happy you both could come!" The Queen said. "How was your drive?"

"Oh grand just grand!" My mother said with a smile. 

"That's good to hear!" Said the Queen with a smile. I noticed that the king didn't engage in the conversation, he just studied my every move which made me worry. "Tomas?" Said the Queen loudly. 

A man that was standing at the side of the room took a step forward. "Yes your Majesty?" Tomas said as he bowed to her. 

"Do you know if Princess Grace is coming?" Said the Queen. 

"Uh no. Your Majesty she is at... umm... at... umm..." Tomas paused and for some reason glanced at me for a quick second and then looked at the Queen for support. 

"Ohhhh..." She quickly stopped glanced at me for a quick second then turned back to Tomas. "Thank you Thomas." She said and he stepped back to were he was standing before.

"I'm so sorry..." The Queen turned her attention back to us. "If you will excuse me for a minute I must take care of some thing." She smiled and then left the room hurriedly. 

"Prince Austin..." Said the King my attention was turned to him for this was the first time he had spoken sense I had walked in the room. "How are you? Last time I saw you you.." He bent over and put his hand out, "This tiny!" He sat back in his chair again. 

"Yes your Majesty I grew a couple inches sense then!" I gave him a big smile. Him and my mom chuckled. Then I heard a sound of a door opening and I turned to it and saw the Queen in the doorway. 

"Michelle?" The Queen said. My mom turned to her and smiled. "Would you like to have some tea with me?" 

"I would love to!" My mom said cheerfully. She turned to me for a second, gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, and turned to go with the Queen. I then turned to the King. 

"So Austin what are your hobbies?" The King said to me. 

"Well..." I paused to think for a second. "I like to play basketball. I skateboard.." He tensed up at that which I don't know why. "I love football, and love to hangout with my friends." I could of said more but I left it at that. 

"That sounds great..." He was going to say something else but stopped. I heard a door open and close so I thought it was a servant. The King looked up to see who it was. I then heard a strange noise from behind me but I didn't turn around. 

Then the King said, "Grace?!" I heard the sound stop. I turned around to see not so far away Princess Grace. She was beautiful. Grace had long blonde hair that reached a little past her mid back. Her had intriguing blue eyes and perfect soft lips. She had on a tight tank top and ripped up jeans and hot pick Keds on. She had a beautiful body and her cloths fit her well. Then I realized she was on a skateboard! That would explain why she looked a little sweaty. Grace was looking at her father with worry and then noticed me. 

She was surprised and whispered "Crap" under her breath for no one to here, but I heard. That made me smile. "She's bad a$$." I thought to myself. She quickly skated across the room to another door. 

"Grace, Grace!" The King yelled but she just ignored him and was gone. I turned back to the King as he was standing looking a little mad. He looked down at me and then sat in his chair. 

He sighed and covered one hand over his face. "Now you probably want to leave and go back to Yorkton don't you?" He asked me. 

I looked at him confused, "No why would I do..." And then I knew exactly why all those Princes came and gone so quickly. They wanted a traditional Princess and for the looks of it Grace was not one of those. I glanced at the door she left in. She was afraid to be turned down and embarrassed. She was self concerned about anything she did and what others might think. She needed... she needed someone to love. So do I. We're perfect for each other. All I need is some alone time with her which she has probably never had. I looked back to the king to see him smiling. 

"You get her Austin, you already know her but you haven't met her yet." He told me. I looked down at my feet and felt my face get red. "I can see it in your eyes." I looked up at him and smiled. "Now let's go grab the girls and see if dinner is ready."

"Before we do that I have something to ask..." I said as he got up and stood beside me and looked at me. "Is it alright if maybe near the end of dinner you could tell us to go outside and talk or something. I feel like she is embarrassed right now and probably will try to avoid me. I need to get to know her you know." I said to him.

"Sure I'll have her show you the garden how about that?" He asked me. 

"That would be perfect!" I said with a big smile. We walked to go find my mom and the Queen.

************* 

Oooooooo! Austin's got a plan! Another Austin POV for you guys! Two chapters in one day is my present to you guys!! I dont know if I will be able to post tomorrow because i am going snowboarding! :) So excited!!! Thanks for reading! Comment/Vote/Share/Whatever else there is!