Chapter 9-Concert In A Can

Aspen was late for School, as in it was almost time for lunch late. Over the weekend her older brother, Chandler, had shown up because he parents had to leave again, and instead of her going to spend months at a time over at Davenports, no matter how much they loved having her around, her parents thought she'd love to have her brother, who she hadn't seen in 4 years due to him being away in Australia, staying with her while they were gone.

"So this boyfr -,"

"No." Aspen cut him off.

"As your older brother, I should meet your boyfriend."

"Nope."

"But I need to approve of him."

"Mom and Dad approve of him." Aspen shrugged, "That's good enough for me."

"Well, I think you should invite him over for dinner one day before I gotta get back to Australia." Chandler said, pulling into the parking lot, "Now, how late are you?"

"Like next bell is lunch late." Aspen leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"Love you to Pen." He smiled at his litter sister. "I'll pick you up after school?"

"Yeah, 3:30."

******

For the whole period, Aspen was stuck in Perry's office, since she was late, and now she was walking to the lunch room.

"So, Marcus, tell us about yourself."

Aspen froze at the entrance of the doors, not daring to look up from where she was digging in her back for the lunch money that her parents had left for her.

"So, my dad and I moved around a lot. I was home schooled most of my life."

When the voice spoke, Aspen looked up gasping quietly as she saw the familiar face of her Ex-boyfriend, Marcus.

"No way! Us too! We're so similar! Do you have a third nipple too?" Adam asked, and Chase touched his chest.

"Chase had a third nipple?" Aspen whispered to herself before shrugging.

"Marcus!" Aspen happily squealed, rushing to the table. Adam, Chase, and Marcus turned their heads to see the blonde. Marcus' eyes widened as he stood up, pulling Aspen into a hug.

"Aspen! It's been awhile."  Marcus smiled happily as they pulled out of the hug, "Still as beautiful as always."

"Thank you." She softly smiled, going to sit in Adam's lap.

Marcus watched with a small smile on her face as her eyes lit up as Adam pecked her lips. He was happy she found someone that made her happy, happier than he ever could make her. 

"Anyway! That's a pretty sweet guitar, Marcus." Chase said.

"Yeah, and you're a natural, bro. Guys we should start a band!" Marcus spoke.

"That's a great idea! Aw, but what would I play?" Adam asked, arms around Aspen as he used his chop sticks to drum against the table, "I got it! No, I don't got it."

"I think you'll be our drummer, Adam." Marcus told him.

"Interesting choice, I'd been pondering the French Horn." Adam admitted.

"Do you play anything Aspen?" Chase asked.

"Aspen can play anything you put in her hand." Marcus said, "But she prefers singing."

"I didn't know you sing." Adam looked down at her.

"I sing a little." Aspen shrugged.

"A little? Aspen you have an amazing voice! I can even call Chandler and he'll tell you the same thing." Marcus said, and Aspen glared at him.