Chapter 7-Dates Gone Wrong

Humming softly to herself, Aspen stood at the stove, making eggs. Smiling as arms went around her waist, and she leaned back into Adam's bare chest.

"Morning." He mumbled, kissing her neck softly.

"Morning."

"I hope your sharing those." Adam spoke, watching her scramble the eggs.

"I possible could." She said, a teasing smile on her lips.

"Gross!" The couple pulled apart, turning slightly to see Bree, Chase and Leo standing behind them.

"Adam, please put a shirt on." Bree spoke, "I'd rather not see my brother shirtless."

"I don't care as long as I get eggs." Leo shrugged.

"I'm going, I'm going." Adam said. He pecked Aspen's lips before going to the lab to get a shirt.

"Hey Aspen, have you and Adam been on a date yet?" Bree asked as Tasha and Donald walked into the room. 

"Nope." Aspen said, putting the scrambled eggs on plates.

"You've been dating for almost 6 months and you haven't been on a date yet?" Tasha asked, walking over.

"I mean, with school, and mission's, and my boyfriend almost dying, there hasn't been much time to go on a date." Aspen shrugged. "Plus, I'd rather stay at home in my pajamas, and making Adam re-watch Teen Wolf, and The Vampire Diaries."

"What are we talking about?" Adam asked, grabbing a plate, and leaning against the counter.

"About the fact you and Aspen have been together for the last 6 months and you have yet to take her out on a date." Tasha and Bree spoke in sync.

"Aspen's idea for any kind of date is pajamas and binge watching Teen Wolf and The Vampire Diaries while eating Cotton Candy Ice Cream." Adam said, raising an eyebrow.

"You know what the word 'binge' means?" Chase asked. 

"Stop being mean to my boyfriend." Aspen hit the back of Chase's head.

"Okay, but going on a date can give you guys time to get to know each other. You can't know everything about someone in 6 months." Bree spoke.

"That's true. Tasha and I got married 2 years after we met online." Donald said.

"And we can get to know each other as we're dating." Aspen shrugged.

"Yeah, no." Tasha said. "Myself and Bree are gonna help you get ready. Adam's gonna plan a date with the help of the boys, and the rest of us will be here relaxing. The dates gonna last all day and you'll return before midnight tonight."

"Now both of you get in the shower." Bree pushed Aspen towards the stairs, and Adam towards the lab. Once they were both out of ear shot, the remaining of them turned to each.

"We need to make sure this date goes perfect." Tasha said.

"And how are we gonna do that?" Leo asked.

"We're gonna follow them around." Bree said.

"They would spot us from a mile away." Chase spoke up.

"That's why we're gonna wear costumes." Bree smirked.

***************************

"Are we really doing this?" Aspen asked, as they walked into the restaurant.

"We were forced to do this." Adam kissed her temple. "I think we can deal with it for a few hours."

"I'm only doing this because Donald is paying for everything, and I'm getting free food."

Adam chuckled, as they sat in opposite sides of the booth. Aspen made it clear that she didn't want to know anywhere Fancy, so they decided to go eat Mexican Food, one of Aspen's favorites.

"Hi, I'm Meghan and I'll be your waiter, can I start you off with drinks?"

"I'll have coke." Adam spoke, not looking up from the menu, which the waiter was thankful for.

"I'll have sprite." Aspen looked up, "Bree?"

Adam looked up seeing his sister, "Bree? What are you doing?"

"My name isn't Bree, it's Meghan." 'Meghan' spoke, "I'll be back with your drinks."

"Great." Adam mumbled, rubbing his temple. Aspen quickly grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers together.

**********

Once Bree brought back the drinks and left, another familiar face showed up.

"Leo?" Adam asked.

"Can I take your order?" Leo asked. Aspen rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. The two ordered, and Adam looked at Aspen, who was looking out the window.

"Hey," He grabbed her hand. "I had no idea that they were doing this."

Aspen turned her head to look at him, "Kinda expected them to." She shrugged.

"Your food." A new voice said, and they looked up to see Chase.

"Is the whole family here?" Adam asked.

Gasping, Aspen jumped up from the seat, sprite covering her lap.

"Aspen, I am so sorry." Chase exclaimed as Adam jumped up.

"No, it's okay." Aspen spoke, taking the end of her dress and ringing it out.

"You know what? Let's just go home." Adam said, leading Aspen towards the door.

"You forgot to eat!" Tasha and Donald exclaimed.

 "The two of you can have it." Adam said as the door closed behind them.

***********************

Chase, Leo, Bree, Donald and Tasha walked into the house. After Adam and Aspen left, they decided to let the couple have the house to themselves for a while. As they took a seat on the couch, they heard feet coming down the stairs, and turned to see Adam coming down in sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Adam, we are so sorry." Bree jumped up. Adam decided to ignore them all as he walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, taking out two bottles of water.

"Okay, we know we messed up your first date with Aspen, but we decided to fix it, and got your reservations for a even fancier restaurant." Donald said, just as Adam started going back up the stairs.

"You and Tasha can have them." Adam spoke, "After tonight I realized what my family actually was about. Before the date even started I told you, and Aspen told you, she'd rather be at home, in pajamas and watching supernatural TV shows, but none of you listen."

"Adam, we're really sorry." Tasha spoke, "Its Bree and I's idea to follow you, just in case."

"In case I messed it up myself? It's a date with Aspen, I would've tried not to. I might not be the smartest out of all of us, but for Aspen I'd try to be." Adam said, "Now if you excuse me, my girlfriend is upstairs."

******

Aspen and Adam stood hugging in the kitchen the next morning, smiles on their faces. The others walked in and they pulled away. The family was walking on egg shells around them.

"We're not mad anymore." Aspen said, a smile on her face. "But next time, I'd rather stay at home."

"Yeah, we know." Tasha spoke, a smile on her face as they watched the couple. "Now get to school."

******************

Author's Note.

Okay maybe not the best original chapter, but I tried.