CHAPTER SEVEN

"what the hell, sammy?!" rory yelled, forgetting that she was at a public park and people in the house around her were sleeping.

"that thing has been haunting girls. for all we know he's haunting you!"

"no!" she roared. "he won't be haunting me!"

dean strode to the front, approaching rory too fast for her liking. as much as she wanted to stay on her spot, well, she didn't because dean was so intimidating. rory took a step back in her defense, and only then, her brother stop approaching her, realising that he scared her sister,

"are you out of your mind, rory?" dean asked. he was not shouting, but his voice was deep and rough. he looked so angry. "after what we told you about the park? the thing that's haunting the place? you still want to risk yourself on that thing?"

rory's eyes were watering. she looked at her brothers one by one didn't believe them. they didn't know, at least, yet, but still. sam had shot danny and the chance of them meeting and have a talk again next time is thin. danny might have gone forever because she didn't know what sammy shotuse to make danny disappeared.

"rory, you have to listen to us," sam said carefully, lowering down his gun and approach his siblings. "tgis is no ordinary spirit. he is smart, okay. anybody could be possessed by him. even you. even though you don't have any-"

"safe that for later, sammy. let's go home!" dean cut his brother, still angry, but at rory. "let's talk about this at home. afraid the neighbours will hear us."

rory ran, didn't wait for her brothers and her book.

~***~

"i seriously can't believe you." dean laughed at herself as he walked back and forth in front of rory, who is hugging herself on the couch. dean's blanket and pillow sprawled beside her. "rory, how could you think to sneak out at night just to talk to him? aren't you afraid?"

winchesters talking about afraid? even rory was surprised. but, yeah, it might sound bizarre, but it's true. they do feel afraid. nobody walks on earth not feeling not afraid.

"well, i-"

"i am afraid!" dean confessed. "all the things i've been through, it was because i have you and sam! what am i going to do if you ever been possesed by the spirits at the park and there's nothing that could save you?! it's not an ordinary spirit, you know! he is smart. he'll not be here without identity if he isn't!" he paused, backfacing his siblings with hid hands on his hips.

"dammit!" dean kicked the couch the side sam was sitting on. "i don't know if i'm angry at you or at myself now!" he roared through his clenched jaws.

it is in Dean nature, that when he's mad, he'd take it out on somebody else or something else. he doesn't care if the person or he himself hurt as long as he was satisfied with it.

still staring at the floor while hugging herself, rory sighed sadly. "i'm sorry," she said softly. "i just thought I could help you guys."

of course that's the only thing that's on her mind. she doesn't know what else to say except lying to her eldest brother. it's illegal, especially when dean has confessed his fear of losing his younger siblings. but she doesn't know what else that could make her brother calms down.

"of course! help. but what kind of help? it was enough if you just tell us what you know and stay home!"

if before rory ran to the park, it was sam who was pissed, tonight, after rory meeting the ghost, it was dean's turn to get pissed. and that also means sam to calm them both down. these two, rory could never understand sometimes.