CHAPTER ONE

staring at the bottom of your glass,   hoping one day you'll make your dream last.

the pub was packed, but it is a no wonder because it was one of the weekends. people tend to spend a lot more of their times at the pub at night rather than home, watching football with their family because they thought they could catch up later. youngsters tried to be brave to taste a little of the sharp drink with grimace and laughs from their circle of friends. they were having fun, in fact, too much fun.

the pub was hot and smelly with sweats and smokes and alcohols. bottles of beers filled up the tables as they played poker, but nobody ever mind them. they do not care what others are doing.

sitting near the bar at a table for two was rory andrews, staring at the bottom of her glass. she had just finished her shift at the town's hotel working as a housekeeper. the pay was okay, since she had worked there for three years. the allowances and the bonus that the boss rarely give was enough to pay for her bills. her brothers help her too even though she did not like it. they were pretty stubborn even though they themself did not have money.

as she sat alone at the table, a few chatters of the town's people gave her an attention. their talks were always the same. if it was not about the school, they would be about the football games in school. if it was not about baseball, they would be about the police who caught someone to jail. rory paid full attention to the group of high schoolers talking behind her.

"hey, guys, i have something to tell you," said a girl. she could not be any older than sixteen or seventeen.

rory heard a choir of soft laughter before it died down and one of them asked their friend. "what is it?"

"i- uh...." the first girl started shyly. rory turned to see the girl over her shoulder and saw her looking down at the table with a shy smile. rory turned back to the front, did not want to be creepy, and continued listening.

"i met a guy yesterday," confessed the girl, biting his lower lip.

"wow! tell us, is he handsome?"

"yeah, his is," the girl answered shyly. "he is tall. fashionable. i mean, the kind of guy you'd totally check out when you first see him. dirty blond hair, blue eyes. oh my God. he's totally a keeper."

the discription made rory stiffened.

"where did you guys meet?" another girl asked. her voice sounded deeper than the girl who met the guy.

"at the park," answered girl number one.

"what were you doing there?" one of her friends asked. the girl brought too many friends to the pub, that by now, rory does not care who is who. all she cares is about the girl who met a guy at the park.

there was a pause. rory wanted to turn, wanting to see if they were leaving, but figured it wouldn't be nice to be too obvious to sneak up. and the girls started to talk again soon after. so even though it's killing her, she has to stay put. She can see the girls later after all.

"i had a fight with my boyfriend last night," she said. "i-"

"wait, wait, wait. you went to the park at night? who the hell goes to the park at night?"

rory could feel the person was grimacing with the question. yes, it was silly to go out at night, let alone a park when you do not know what is there. but who knows, it has something to tell you, giving you a message.

"yeah. It's the first thing that comes up to my mind," answered the girl. she was too innocent to be compared with her other friends although she already has a boyfriend.

"you're crazy," one of her friends said.

"anyway, i was crying that time. nick wanted to break up with me because, apparently, he said i'm not good for him, but i didn't want to. i asked him what's really wrong, but he's just didn't want to tell me. he keeps a secret from me. i was mad, so i went out the out and went to the park.

"like i said, i was crying and broken. he startled me at first. i didn't hear him approaching me. but then, i heard him say hi and we talked."

by the time the girl finished telling her story, her friends were all silent. it was like there have something the girl did not know that her friends know. the girl was totally blinded by something she has yet to discover.

"guys? say something."

rory heard one of them sighed. the other whined as if did not want to tell the girl what is happening. some other might respond, but maybe too low to rory's ears with other people's chatter around them.

"lauren," one of them began, "have you ever heard of the spirit that haunts this town for a couple of years now?"

the girl, lauren, frowned and let out a nervous chuckle. "what spirit?"

"people talk. they said that there is something haunting our town. a spirit. most people see it at the park."

"what?"

"you have never heard of it?"

"what, no! of course, i've heard of it! my mom talks about it everytime i go out. but i thought it's just to scare me out."

"apparently, not. one of my cousins' friends went there and was, kind of posessed and she couldn't stop talking about him since then."

lauren was speechless.

"anyway, what did you guys talk about?"

lauren took a few minutes to answer her friend. "he tells me about his....wife," lauren said. "it was sad, though. he said that they haven't met each other for months because he was on tour. then one day, when they should finally meet, he got into an accident."

"huh," one of the breathed out sarcastically. "i don't know if you're crazy or what, but the person you're talking to is definitely a ghost."

"no. no, he's no a ghost. he's....he's solid, like a real person."

"those who have encountered him say the same thing, lauren," lauren's friend said.

"what, you guys don't believe me?"

"the hell we do?"

there was a short silence. "whatever."

rory could not stay there any longer. the story she heard from lauren was exactly the story she heard from many more of the women in town. all of them said the same thing especially when they describe the ghost itself. everytime she hears it, she felt like screaming. she wanted to meet the ghost herself, to tell it to stay away from the town and let the girls live happily with their boyfriends, but she can't. she has to move on.

rory stayed until she took the last gulp of her drink. that was when someone came to her.

"rory. you gotta get back home now," said the man. he looks panicked.

"huh?"

"there were two men in front of your house. the sheriffs are there too."

with all of the things she has, rory was just hoping one day she will make her dream last.

______________________

author's note: hello, buddies! just want to tell you this is my first winchesters fanfiction so it might be a crap. just hope you enjoy :)