My new beginning, which also equals to chapter 18 :)

• Dedicated to You

Draco's eyes connected with Lexie's from across the dining hall, they were filled with an emotion that excited her. She knew then that good would come out of whatever their relationship was going to be. Lexie wondered what it would be like to hold his hand, hug him, or be a Slytherin. All of those sounded good to her right then. A grin spread across her face and Draco smiled, a real smile, back. Lexie was shoved by Harry and she broke the eye contact with Draco to see what he wanted. He didn't look to happy with where she was staring. 

"What were you smiling at Lex?" Harry asked her with a dissaproving stare and a raised eyebrow. 

"Nothing that concerns you brother cub," Lexie retorted quickly. 

"No good ever comes from the snake pit Lexie. I'm warning you now that you will only end up hurt." Harry narrowed his eyes at her attempted humor. 

Lexie took his words in, but they didn't affect her like they would have earlier. She had already come to terms with the fact that there was a huge possibility where she would fall head first into rocky waters and end up drowning instead of having Draco there to help her swim. Lexie was willing to jump though, and it seemed so silly to her that only a small amount of time had passed since she met the boy. 

It must be the hormones. 

Lexie laughed a little at the thought. Harry looked at her like she had gone mental. Well, it wouldn't be an outrageous diagnosis, she thought. 

"Well brother cub, only time will tell. Plus, you have your own problems don't you? That girl over there isn't going to wait around for you forever. The boy sitting next to her doesn't look like he wants to be just friends. Better jump on that train before it leaves the station Harry." Lexie nodded her head towards Ginny who was sitting next to Dean Thomas. 

Harry's face turned the shade of the Weasley's hair in that moment. 

"Was I really that obvious?" He asked. 

"Very, but if it makes you feel any better it might have been because I am observant. More so than you, possibly even Hermione." Lexie smirked. 

Hermione's head turned and she looked at Lexie with confusion, "Did you call me?" 

Lexie laughed and replied, "Nope, we were just talking about our classes and how good you were in all of yours. I bow down at your greatness." 

Hermione shook her head and scoffed, but smiled and turned herself to face Ron and listen to him talk about how he was going to win all the games this season in quidditch. Lexie was guessing but she didn't think Hermione was all that interested in the game so it was endearing to Lexie that she would still listen to him talk about it. 

Looking back towards Draco, she watched him interact with his friends. He was different somehow. The air that surrounded him around them made him seem like he was royalty. Lexie wondered if that was because of his father, or because of the respect Draco himself had earned in his house. She sincerely hoped that it was because of Draco himself. 

As if feeling her gaze on him, he looked at her and smiled with his eyes before turning back towards the boy he was sitting next to. Lexie didn't know the Slytherin's names, so she would have to learn them quickly. 

Soon after their interaction people slowly started to trickle out of the hall and go to the dorms and dungeons. That could be a new game in the wizard world, Lexie mused, dorms and dungeons. 

"Would you play a game called dorms and dungeons?" Lexie asked the Gyriffindors surrounding her at the table. There were a few nods of affirmation and she didn't get a single strange look for that question which surprised Lexie. 

Smiling, Lexie grabbed a roll and got up from the table. 

"I'm gonna head back, see you later!" She called out while walking away. 

"Happy Birthday Lex!" Harry shouted to her as she passed the doors. 

"You too brother cub!" Lexie shouted with a wave. 

The halls were seemingly empty so Lexie started to sing softly to where only she could hear the actual words, any passerby would probably just think that she was humming. 

Henry would probably want to do something with her tonight, but Lexie really wanted to see Draco. She just didn't know where to find him. Time for a scavenger hunt, or would it be hide and seek? Who knows anymore. Lexie didn't. 

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

I owe you guys some sort of an explanation I guess. I have been diagnosed with sleeping problems, ADD, and depression, which isn't that abnormal in a teenage girl, but it was holding me back and sucked the fun and passion of writing from my fingertips, to my brain, and then to my heart. 

I still don't know if I am officially back, but I am going to try to ease myself back into Wattpad and hopefully someday I'll reach 100,000 reads with this story, it's a ways away but it could happen and that's really exciting to me.  

This story needs some serious editing, seeing as lots of it doesn't flow, some things are confusing, and I'm just not happy with it. 

I am really surprised that you guys have continued to support my story in my absence. I will forever be grateful to all of you. Thank you.