Sorry - America

WHATS GOOD NERDS jk I love yall <3

idk if anyone ever reads these or cares but ill stop typing in all capitals now lol also fuck (most) punctuation in these notes.

If anyones interested, the story got influence from:

Sorry - Halsey

Because im a basic white bitch soz bro hate me idc at this point.

also u may start to get v stressed but I actually cant write a sad ending because im a hopeless romantic, so don't sweat ok its all about the drama im pathetic <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry - America

I huffed softly, dragging my case along the hallway. Senior year of college. This was it. Make or break. On the positive, it would be the last time I would have to move in to these damned blocks of flat that the College decided were suitable halls of residence. I could finally go home to  (country other than USA), and get a job. Your family needed you. Well, the money you could bring. It was just your mother left. Famine and sickness had finished off the rest of them. It was just me and her left. I was all she had.

I looked down at the paper in my hand, scanning the number before walking down the long white corridor and watching the door numbers grow in increments of 2. 604, 604, 604... I paused, finally coming in front of it. I took a breath, steeling those silly nerves. Another year, another new roommate.  Bringing my hand up, it hovered above the handle for a tense moment, cught by a puppeteers string, before coming down and carefully opened the door. Maybe I was the first one here?

Peeking my head round the door, I saw a broad figure facing away from me, his blong hair tousled slightly from the effort of unpacking. He righted himself, and as I opened the door fully, he turned to face me, cerulean eyes framed by half rimmed spectacles. He quirked an eyebrow, his eye scanning my figure, and I gave a small awkward wave, feeling my face flame.

"H-Hi, I'm (f/n,l/n)"Isaid shyly, giving an awkward grin. "I guess I'm gonna be your roommate."

He grinned softly, the skin at the corner of his eyes crinkling softly with the expression, perfect pearls shining from their cavern. He held out his hand as I walked into the room, coming up to me.

"Alred F Jones. If I'd have known that you'd be here so early, I would have tidied up a little better!" He chuckled, shaking my hand as I slipped my tiny one into his. I grinned a little, immediately relaxing in this mans warm personality. Afred, huh... Nice.

"No worries, I'm really just as bad!" I reassured, turning to gt my bag once again. However, he had already beat me to it, lifting it with ease, no effort in his composure.

"Where do you need it dudette?" He asked charmingly, and as I motioned to the bed, he gave a thumbs up and flashed those pearly whites once again. What an all round American dream, huh.

As I unpacked, the typical small talk ensued. You couldn't avoid it, so it was best to just get it out the way while you were otherwise doing something. It turned out that Alfred was a senior too, and he was taking American history. I chuckled, shaking my head slightly. Wow, so maybe the whole 'all american' thing was accurate then.

"What do you do, dudette?" He asked, folding some towels. He had persisted in helping me to unpack, something about it being unheroic if he left me to toil away on my own.

"Ah, well I'm nowhere near as smart as you. I'm a languages student. But I'm a senior too, so there's that!" I joked, glancing over with a grin. I already felt so comfortable around him. This was going to be an interesting year.