Chapter 17

"That doesn't follow." Arcee said. "Optimus knew Megatron."

"They were like BFFs." Bulkhead put in.

"He didn't even recognize us." Bee added.

"If Optimus did not know his own name, perhaps it because the title of Prime hasn't yet been granted to him." Ratchet suggested.

"Huh?" Fowler said.

"What?" Jack asked.

"Say again." Miko put in.

"With the power of the Matrix no longer within him, it would stand to reason that Optimus has reverted to his pre-Prime state, the historical archivist, Orion Pax." Ratchet said.

"You mean in his mind." Ms. Darby asked.

"Are you telling me Prime thinks he's some sort of librarian and a Decepticon." Fowler yelled.

"Being a Decepticon is a choice, Agent Fowler. One that I have a hard time believing that Optimus would make at any point in his life." Ratchet answered.

"So if he's riding with the Cons-" Bulkhead started.

"It's because Megatron's running some sort of voodoo." Arcee finished.

"Orion Pax may not currently be an autobot up here-" ratchet pointed to his head. "-but I must believe he will never stop being one in here." He laid his hand over his chest. "We must locate him to know for certain."

"Hold up." Fowler said. "I have a chip lodged in my behind that let's Uncle Sam know when I stop for doughnuts. Are you telling me you can't just track Prime?"

"That is why Optimus's signal has not reappeared since he embarked to earths core. But we must get to work finding him if we have have any hope of enunciating his contingency plan." Ratchet Said.

"Contingency plan?" Arcee repeated.

"What contingency plan?" Bulkhead asked.

"Is that even a word?" Miko asked.

"The key card." Jack realized.

"What's it do though?" I piped up.

"It grants access to Vector Sigma. The depository of the Wisdom of the Primes." Ratchet said.

"Is that some sort of Super Computer?" Raf asked.

"So we can just download Optimus's memories back into him?" Jack asked.

"Is that possible?" I asked.

"Which ones the Big V?" Jack continued. Oh gawd that sounded so wrong in my mind. "Over here? Somewhere in back?"

"Vector Sigma is more than a super computer. It is an ancient source of mystical power... On Cybertron." Ratchet finished. Of course it is...

"Jackson Darby you will not be traveling to another planet." Ms. Darby snapped at her boy.

"I'm in!" Miko jumped.

"Your not going either, Miko." Ms. Darby shook her head. "Not when one of you can." She turned to the bots. Bee and Arcee shared a glance, and Bee shrugged.

"June's right." Fowler said. "Why send a boy to do a bots job?"

"Because only a Prime can access Vector Sigma. " Ratchet said. "Or one chosen by a Prime. Optimus gave the key card to Jack, it is now imprinted with his unique bio signature."

Miko leaned in for a better look. "So Jack's like some honorary Prime?"

"Let's just say that Jack is the only one who can turn Optimus back into the autobot we knew." Ratchet answered.