Chapter 14

I was alone laying on mine and Raf's bed reading a book. I could faintly hear footsteps coming down the hall, but I ignored it and continued to read. The large metal door opened and I looked up to see Bumblebee walking in. I smiled and waved at him, he waved back and I seen his faceplates move as he smiled back.

"Hey Bell." He said.

"Hi Bee." I replied.

"Watcha doin?" Bee asked.

"Reading. What are you doin?" I asked.

"Standing here, hoping you'll let me cuddle." He answered.

I smile and waved him over. "Come on over." I invited.

He sat down on his berth and activated his holo form. He hopped onto the bed next to me and put his arm under my head and I leaned into him, and he into me. I moved my book closer so he could read too if he wanted, I wasn't actually sure if he could read English though. We lied there for about an hour before we started having a thumb war.

"No fair!" I whined with a smile when he won for the umteenth time. "You gotta be cheating."

"Nope, I'm just that awesome." He smiled.

"Whatever, cheater." I laughed.

He chuckled. "You know, denial's not just a river in Egypt."

"Oh ha ha very funny."

"I thought it was." He paused. "I really like your hair." Bee started running his fingers through my hair.

"Thank you." I leaned into his touch. Bee stiffened and then sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Someone's coming. Come on let's go to the main room." I supposed he got a com call as Bee deactivated his holo form and his blue optics came back online. He picked me up and set me on his shoulder as he walked out of our room.

He set me down next to Miko and Raf just as we heard Arcee's motor coming down the driveway. I was surprised to see a woman sitting behind Jack. Optimus walked up to see what was going on, and the woman had a stunned look on her face. Jack said something as he took off his helmet. The woman looked back up at the bots and gave a wave with a small, awkward smile. They dismounted and Arcee shifted to her bot form. Raf, Miko and I jumped down and walked up.

"Guys, meet my mom." Jack said.

"Hello." Raf said politely.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"What's up?" Miko said.

"Nice to meet you all. How long have you known them?" She asked.

"As long as Jack has." I answered.

"How did you find out? Did you catch Arcee in her normal form? Did she talk to you? Did you talk to her? I bet you didn't see this coming!" Miko fired off.

She didn't get to answer any of the questions because Optimus jumped in to explain and introduce everyone. She took most of it pretty well. But, she seemed to be interested in me too, which worried me. She was a nurse, what if she spotted one of my bruises? Then she would freak out and then probably tell the authorities about my family, then there would be all this unneeded drama... I couldn't let her know.

"So, how old are you?" Ms. Darby asked.

"I'm seventeen and a half." I answered.

"Oh? How soon is your birthday?" She inquired.

"Um, the nineteenth." I answered nervously. My birthday was in a few weeks.

"Oh! Are you doing anything special?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Not usually."

She crooked her head. "Oh... What's your favorite class?" She changed the subject.

I thought for a moment. "Art and world language."

She nodded approvingly. "How many languages has your class studied?"

"In class we learned some French, Mandarin, and Spanish. But I'm fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Greek, Italian, Hawaiian, Japanese and a few others." I said.

Her eyes wide. "Wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Your fluent in all those languages?"

I nodded shyly. "Who knows what languages?" Jack walked up to us, followed by Bee and Raf.

"Do you know how many languages this girl can speak?" Ms. Darby exclaimed.

Jack gave me a look. "You speak other languages?"

I nodded, but Ms. Darby started talking again, "she can speak Spanish, and Russian, and- Oh! She knows Hawaiian, Jack!" She exclaimed.

"Really?" Jack turned to me.

"She knows more than that." Raf put in.

"More?" Jack exclaimed.

"She's fluent in Spanish, Filipino, Greek, Chinese, French, Mandarin, Arabic, Hindu, German, Korean, Polish, Romanian, and Thai." He counted off proudly. "Not to mention the languages she already mentioned." He added.

"Isn't Chinese one of the hardest languages in the world?" Jack asked.

"More like the hardest to read. But yeah, that's what people say." I nodded.

"Wow! Your must be like, a human translator." Miko yelled.

I sighed. "If you say so."

"What's so great about speaking more than one tongue?" Ratchet's voice asked.

"It's not very common for a person to be fluent in more than two languages these days, but Bella has accomplished quite a feat: she knows almost twenty different tongues!" Ms. Darby defended me.

"Don't humans have translation abilities in their brains?" Ratchet asked.

"No. There's no such thing as a translator in your mind." Ms. Darby said.

"Well not for humans, that is." I added.

Ratchet scoffed and started mumbling about how slow human evaluation is and how primitive we are, but no one made any comments. The rest of the day went on like this, until everyone went home and Bee took Raf and I to our room and he told us stories about the war on Cybertron until we fell asleep in the glow of our lava lamp.

****THIS WAS MORE OF A FILLER, SORRY****