Chapter 6

It was a few hours later now. Yeah all that earlier only took an hour and a half. I was on the couch trying to find out which bruises were the worst while Raf was on his laptop, I think Jack was with Arcee, Miko was with Bulkhead.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped and turned to see Bumblebee behind me.

"Um, nothing." I answered.

"That didn't look like nothing."

"How do you know what nothing looks like?"

"I know what nothing doesn't look like."

"....oh look! A giant cupcake!" I yelled and pointed to the side.

"Where??" Bumblebee yelled with a serious tone.

I laughed evilly and jumped behind the couch, hopefully out of his sight. I had to hold back a groan of pain as I did so.

"There's no cupcake you liar- hey why are you over there?" Bumblebee said when he noticed I had moved from my original spot.

"Over where?" I asked, trying to distract him.

"Over there on the other end of the couch."

"What couch?" I said, not looking at him.

"That couch."

"I don't see a couch."

"Bella!"

"Bumblebee!"

"Don't do that."

"Don't do what?" I made myself sound confused. This was actually making me feel better.

"That."

"What am I doing?"

"Firing my words back at me and then playing dumb."

"What are you talking about?"

"See? There you go again."

"I'm not even standing up, how could I go anywhere in the first place?" I knew he could hear the smile in my voice, as I could hear his.

"Bella." He laughed.

"Bumblebee." I copied his tone.

"Are you done?"

"Done with what?"

"Your impossible, ya know that?"

"I was born this way." I smiled and got up, wincing as my leg wouldn't support my weight. I cried out as I collapsed, barley getting onto the couch.

"Bella!" Bumblebees voice was filled with worry. "I'm serious this time, what's wrong?"

I sighed and told him about what happened with the snake thing in the computer room.

By now Jack had walked up as I told Bee. "Are you still hurting?" Jack asked. I nodded.

"Take your shirt off."

"What??" I snapped, eyeing him in case he tried something.

"I don't mean like that. But you could be more hurt than you think." Jack reasoned.

I thought about it for a moment and groaned inwardly.

"Jackson Darby if you try anything I will not hesitate to break your nose in several places." I grumbled as I pulled my top over my head and quickly used it to cover my bra the best I could.

"Don't worry, I'd take you to dinner first." He joked. I heard him gasp when he saw my stomach.

I looked down to see the large red patch of skin on my side from when I got singed. Under that I could see purple patches under the burned skin that showed a bruise that was in the healing process. There were many bruises, fading and new, dotting my skin. I seen cuts and slash marks on my stomach and was aware of the larger cuts on my back.