Too Much Information

This is pretty similar to my Pointless Scenes/Dialogue rant, so I guess this is a continuation. The thing about these characters is that they describe every little detail in their life. Some of these authors will write two whole chapters about how perfect the MC's breakfast, or how much they swooned over their crush.

"I woke and snuggled my 54" by 75" full-size pink cotton blanket that I bought off of ihopethisusernameisntreal on eBay for $26.99 plus shipping for $5.99 that has a rose pattern and-"

Yeah, that's enough. We get it, you have a blanket! There's no need to go over every single little detail about it. Same thing with some of these emotions when a character sees someone they like. They describe it like they're having a stroke or heart attack when really, they're just sweating. It's great if you want to give the readers a clear view, but don't start explaining how your grandmother's journal was made in the 1700's by some dude named William.

◊ ◊ ◊  

QOTD: If you could have one superpower, what would it be? I think I'd either have super speed or telekinesis.

By the way, I'm doing account rates, so if you want one, go check out my account rates book!