Opposites Attract

There are a ton of 'opposites attract' books out there, and people can't seem to get enough of them. Whether it's bad boy x good girl or super bright happy girl x mysterious emo boy, they all have one thing in common; they're cringe-worthy and cliche.

For some reason, these two are always "soulmates," destined to be with each other, because they totally stand out from the rest (sarcasm intended.) What's up with good two shoes falling for the dude who probably killed someone? Or the bubbly student swooning over the emo boy who decided he hates everyone except her? These stories make zero sense, and the buildup to the relationship doesn't even exist. They were just drawn together and tied together universally like they were meant for each other when really, there's a lot more people out there.

Instead of the stereotypical high school scenario, why not:

-Poor person/wealthy business owner
-Immigrant/someone's who's living the life they dreamed of
-Soldier (or cop)/ thief
-And, a funny one, Democrat/Republican

See, there's a wide variety of opposites attract, not just jock x nerd. Get out of your comfort zone and write something that doesn't revolve around two idiotic students fighting for each other.

◊ ◊ ◊  

QOTD: Marvel or DC? Personally, I like the Marvel television shows over the Arrowverse, but I like the movies from DC better than Marvel, so it's an equal balance. Gotta love those Netflix Originals. p.s., I'm currently writing a Marvel fic, so I would highly appreciate it if you would read the synopsis and share your opinions! The title of it is Gypsy.

Also, what are some other things I should rant about?